NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Onisowo Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Onisowo with 75 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 2 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two snax with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Onisowo with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,503 views
    2. thumb_up 46 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 92 posts
    2. attach_file 46 attachments

Search this Thread

Onisowo Trading Journal

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Onisowo View Post
which brings me to a question................futures brokers all work the same or not?
I say this because I have a forex background....i have been trading futures on demo for almost a year now........

It depends what you mean. Unlike forex the individual futures products trade on one exchange so all the brokers use that information for the current price, bid, offer an order book. As compared to forex where different brokers acting as market makers are setting prices taking the other side of your order. Some brokers bundle their orderflow data though so their data isn't any good for orderflow tools that separate the bid and offer for analysis in real time. IB, interactive brokers, is one

Onisowo View Post
Are Limit Orders truly guaranteed.....Stop Loss Orders truly guaranteed........and where market gaps influence this.....

Not sure what you mean about whether limit orders are guaranteed. A limit order is an order to be filled at your stated price or better, unlike a market order which is an order to be filled at the best available price when it reaches the exchange. If you have a limit order to buy and not enough orders are aggressively sold down to, or through your requested price level to reach your order in the queue then you will not be filled. You are sacrificing certainty of fill (market order), for the desire to filled at a specified price but with the risk you may not actually get filled (limit order).
Stop loss orders aren't guaranteed either. As I understand it a stop loss market order sat at the exchange for example is an order to release a market order to sell or buy when the first contract trades at that price. In very thin or fast moving markets though price can gap through a price without trading there which means the order doesn't get released because the trigger to release the order didn't occur. (An alternative stop loss order with a volume trigger is local to your machine and will trigger not on the first order order transacted at a price but when the order book at that price gets down to say the last 200 bids or offers for example. Useful for thick instruments where you don't want to get out on the first trade at a price but wait until the order book has dropped to a level where it looks like price will definitely go through. A stop loss limit order releases a limit rather than a market order and has more chance of not get filled in a fast moving market).

Onisowo View Post
like .... tell me more about the que......i just i will start studying order-flow since I already study volume by price

The queue it at the exchange. Orders to buy or sell are placed in a queue in the order that they arrive. If the orderbook has one hundred contracts in front of your order they will go through first before your order. In reality orders in front of your order will get cancelled by traders so you will move forward in the queue a little depending how much time your order sits there and as price moves towards it. (an exception if I recall the Treasuries markets might be slightly different in that I vaguely remember reading that they also prioritised partially filling large orders . I think I read that in some CME document a long time ago).

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 41

It has been a few weeks since I have posted my trading ideas/processes

I have been trading live the YM contract as a CFD

I started the account with 950 USD

I am in profit and somewhat pleased with my results

I have been using MT5 with an offshore broker

I have just setup a free trial with InfinityAT using Sierra Charts (again)

I so wish I could trade using Sierra Charts focusing on the YM contract as a CFD

The reason I stopped posting so much is beacuse in this webspace with BigMike I just feel like its all about results
So I had to go back to the drawing board so that I may bring something to the table........

And keep in mind; A chart is worth a thousand pips.........LOL

Thanked by:
Onisowo
Ocala, Florida

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 41

Last Updated on March 21, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts