NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Why TradeStation is fantastically ignorant to users' Feature requests?

Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ChrisTinaBruce with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 andby with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 selnomeria with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one paps with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two andby with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ElectricSavant with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jimskin with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 3,950 views
    2. thumb_up 5 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 9 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Why TradeStation is fantastically ignorant to users' Feature requests?

selnomeria 
Tbilisi + Georgia

Experience: None
Platform: ThinkScript,Tradestation
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 20

This question is primarily for developers, because they will know better what I ask.
If you have ever opened a "Feature Suggestion & Request" for a simple and useful request - you've probably seen how ignorant has always been TradeStation Dev.team to user requests (as opposed to "user questions", which has a good support). There are plenty topics in their forum (most of them up to 10-15 years old) for very needed simple functions, which are never implemented.

"Feature suggestion" declaration now seems even insulting to me. And I know many large traders, which left TS for that reason. Just look through hundreds of "Feature requests", voted by numerous people, years ago, but still ignored.

What do you think?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

List some of the features that you feel are needed but are lacking.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

ChrisTinaBruce 
Dallas, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation/Sierra Chart
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 33

Love to see Volume Profile

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 TraderDoc007 
Detroit MI/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, Custom own
Trading: All Futures
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 206

Tradestation is really a phenomenal platform for automated trading although it certainly does have some very annoying shortcomings in this regard too.
Volume profile is available in various guises from EL addon programmers - in fact, just about any indicator you dream up can either be self coded or found by a Tradestation Developer. If not available, then get it coded by an EL expert if you don't have the skills to do this yourself.
This is why I think Tradestation ignores requests that they believe are very easily implemented by oneself or available in the aftermarket. They seem to concentrate their efforts in making the automated algorithmic aspect of trading, better.
Just my 2 cents!

ChrisTinaBruce 
Dallas, TX

Platform: TradeStation/Sierra Chart
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 33

TraderDoc007 View Post
Tradestation is really a phenomenal platform for automated trading although it certainly does have some very annoying shortcomings in this regard too.

Volume profile is available in various guises from EL addon programmers - in fact, just about any indicator you dream up can either be self coded or found by a Tradestation Developer. If not available, then get it coded by an EL expert if you don't have the skills to do this yourself.

This is why I think Tradestation ignores requests that they believe are very easily implemented by oneself or available in the aftermarket. They seem to concentrate their efforts in making the automated algorithmic aspect of trading, better.

Just my 2 cents!

Not Volume Profile. Every indicator on App Store is TPO.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
jimskin
London

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

- Zoom in/out of charts with mouse wheel
- 2 Day , 3Day, 4 Day.., Quarterley timeframes
- 100,000+ tick charts
- Data - add currency indexes, spot commodities, etc...

I've had to go back to SierrraChart because TS doesn't have the above.

Thanked by:
ElectricSavant
Maricopa, AZ.

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

I find it so hard to change to new charts...brokers....etc. I want everything to be the same. I trade together with another trader by camera...and yes I can get real bitchy when something new presents itself to tackle.

From what I can understand TradeStation has everything a trader needs. I need automation as my day is consumed with hand trading the ES and the ZB. Tradestation is the best for automation many veteran Futures traders tell me. Maybe because it has been around so long.

ES

Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

I have to agree. There is no real retail platform which comes even close to Tradestation. It is a one stop shop for the full mrkt. Rarely have I ever come across any individual who has even remotely discussed or shared any of the real capabilities of the platform. Anything can be done on it. Only thing it did not provide was a historical bid..ask data. But if someone wanted to use the platform and needed that function they can always find a way to get it.

Had to agree to this post ..hence posted

TraderDoc007 View Post
Just my 2 cents!

Thanked by:

andby 
Norwich, UK

Platform: Multiple:research&executi
Broker: Started with Stage5/OEC ... multiple
Trading: Anything found profitable goes ...
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 88

I must say there are good things about TS nonetheless .... some shortcomings pop up that are worth to be mentioned.

1) First, bugs:

Anything unusual? These two entries have been produced by the same strategy applied on a single chart. Well ... when you trade real $ and you get this, a simple answer of "Oh, it's not repropucible" is just not acceptable.

2) Multiple times, data stayed connected, broker link disconnected and orders would not be sent anywhere. This was consistent behavior for days ...

3) A strategy would send a real money order that would not be executed. Support suggested some checkboxes, etc - but they couldn't say whay order hasn't been routed.
Again, but "I'm sorry, we don't know what happened. But try this: ... " - is just not acceptable.

4) Impossible or impractical to trade multiple strategies on the same symbol / account.

5) Market replay missing. Actually, many good features present in the competition (Multicharts, Ninja) missing.

6) Events log. I happen to have 2 or 3 monitors hooked in. Events Log cannot be moved into the display area.

7) Updates ... that are now pushed automatically ... that's a pain because of the collateral issues they introduce in new releases. And they think it's a good thing. Everybody hates it, but they're just too arrogant I believe. All in all, the monthly software fee is not really much justified.

8) There is no real way to submit problems. There is a forum ... but no real procedure to submit issues and get a timely answer/resolution. That's a big one.

So, plenty of room for improvements unfortunately.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts