NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 103 posts (168 thanks)
    2. looks_two WoodyFox with 46 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 37 posts (57 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Grodon with 28 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Pariah Carey with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 107,314 views
    2. thumb_up 857 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 558 posts
    2. attach_file 34 attachments

Search this Thread

Yet another mass shooting

DeadCatBounced 
Baltimore MD US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 1,514
Thanks Received: 736

I really think everyone should watch this all the way through.

Australia confiscated 650,000 guns. Murders and suicides plummeted. - Vox

I come from Canada, grew up on a farm. I was taught how to handle guns from an early age from my Grandpa and my Dad.

I have gone on multi week hunting trips up in northern BC. I like guns.

There is a number of things from a political standpoint that just don't make sense to me. But I think gun laws down here is close to the top.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
65 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
41 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
29 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

DeadCatBounced View Post

I really think everyone should watch this all the way through.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so true.

Thanked by:

Seahn 
New York, New Jersey/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 274

That last point in the comedy skit is exactly true and is the reason why I think people should have the right to have guns. Citizens with guns is the last line of defense against a political system which is inexorably moving toward becoming a Fascist state. Although with the weaponry the government has these days I am not sure how effective guns would be.

All the other nonsense about gun rights and constitutional right to have guns is hogwash. The dirty little secret that the NRA and gun supporters do not know or conveniently ignore is that the 2nd amendment was never intended to allow people to walk into restaurants with AK-47's on their shoulders. The 2nd amendment was written in the context of forming Militias for civil protection it was not meant to allow Joe Schmo to freely buy and use guns.

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Seahn View Post
That last point in the comedy skit is exactly true and is the reason why I think people should have the right to have guns. Citizens with guns is the last line of defense against a political system which is inexorably moving toward becoming a Fascist state. Although with the weaponry the government has these days I am not sure how effective guns would be.

All the other nonsense about gun rights and constitutional right to have guns is hogwash. The dirty little secret that the NRA and gun supporters do not know or conveniently ignore is that the 2nd amendment was never intended to allow people to walk into restaurants with AK-47's on their shoulders. The 2nd amendment was written in the context of forming Malishias for civil protection it was not meant to allow Joe schmo to freely buy and use guns.

In today's society a militia would never be allowed to form... You'd be in Gitmo or some other cia black prison before you could complete the thought.

I also don't believe you could ever actually disarm every single American home. It would be a bloodbath trying to go door to door and take everyone's guns.

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

Seahn View Post
All the other nonsense about gun rights and constitutional right to have guns is hogwash. The dirty little secret that the NRA and gun supporters do not know or conveniently ignore is that the 2nd amendment was never intended to allow people to walk into restaurants with AK-47's on their shoulders. The 2nd amendment was written in the context of forming Malishias for civil protection it was not meant to allow Joe schmo to freely buy and use guns.

tturner86 View Post
In today's society a militia would never be allowed to form... You'd be in Gitmo or some other cia black prison before you could complete the thought.

Agree on both points. Which is why I find everybodies defense of the 2nd amendment at any cost so surprising.

tturner86 View Post
I also don't believe you could ever actually disarm every single American home. It would be a bloodbath trying to go door to door and take everyone's guns.

I agree but that's not an excuse for us doing nothing.

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

SMCJB View Post
Agree on both points. Which is why I find everybodies defense of the 2nd amendment at any cost so surprising.

I agree but that's not an excuse for us doing nothing.

Not at all. This all ends badly one way or the other.

Thanked by:

ElChacal 
Houston, TX

Platform: NinjaTrader TWS Barchart
Broker: IB / IB
Trading: SPY, QQQ
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 278

It is interesting to see all these laws on fire hazards how wide stairs should be, how many access doors a building should have and on what direction the doors should open, etc. but on gun laws are just too loose. As a parent I do believe they should be more regulated.

I think you should be able to carry one to protect your home (against the government you really don't stand a chance) but not anybody should be able to carry one.

Thanked by:
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Pariah Carey View Post
What good will more legislation do? The only people who abide by laws are...law abiding people. People who are bent on committing crime don't care about laws. High velocity lead is a much more effective deterrent to someone trying to kill you than any law.

Everyone talks about mass shootings but no one talks about the much more prevalent violent crime in America, which is inner city, black-on-black crime, usually the result of drug deals or gang affiliation.

In order to stop crazy people before they go on a rampage, what would be the standard and who decides it? Are we going to go back to involuntary commitment? More importantly though, how do you find them before it happens? Are people ready to erode not only gun rights but also privacy rights and due process? Lots of slippery slopes here.

Gun control is but a feel-good, Band-Aid solution to a much more complex issue.

Hard to argue with this. Let's be honest, the majority of all gun violence is in places with the strictest gun laws like Baltimore, Chicago... They could increase the legal penalties and jail times for these types who commit crimes with guns. But then, there would be those who would say laws like that would unfairly target minorities. Of course now that police have been demonized by false narratives, the shootings will only escalate. In Baltimore where cops have done less aggressive policing (for fear of being caught in some media driven debacle), the homicide rate has gone up tremendously.

Gun crimes are generally not being committed by concealed permit carriers (like myself) and law abiding gun owners. So until a way is found to keep the guns out of the hands of thugs, I don't think I should have to give up mine.

The mass shootings are usually done by deranged individuals..who also statistically are on meds like anti-depressants. Maybe guns should not be given to people on psyche meds since the mass shooting correlation exists.

So take away inner city shootings and psychos on meds..and there wouldn't be a huge "gun" problem.

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,681

Why do people think being shot by a bullet is more horrific than being brutally stabbed by a knife or hit by a car?

A shoot, or any kind of violent death is sad, but lets get real folks texting while driving kills 6000 people a year alone. Wars like the Vietnam war were measured by body count so phones are more dangerous than guns. I don't see anyone trying to take anyone's phone away.

My English friend said that in England no one has guns but there's a huge problem with knives and brutal beatings with bats and brass knuckles. He said he'd rather get shot than brutally stabbed and beaten. It's almost like they'd rather the people have guns so there's a mutual fear like the cold war with less direct violence.

R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Itchymoku View Post
Why do people think being shot by a bullet is more horrific than being brutally stabbed by a knife or hit by a car?

A shoot, or any kind of violent death is sad, but lets get real folks texting while driving kills 6000 people a year alone. Wars like the Vietnam war were measured by body count so phones are more dangerous than guns. I don't see anyone trying to take anyone's phone away.

My English friend said that in England no one has guns but there's a huge problem with knives and brutal beatings with bats and brass knuckles. He said he'd rather get shot than brutally stabbed and beaten. It's almost like they'd rather the people have guns so there's a mutual fear like the cold war with less direct violence.

A bullet is usually a cleaner wound then a knife. I can't imagine being stabbed to death, or shot. Or hit buy a car. Having survived a motorcycle wreck I can tell you blunt force trauma sucks.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 21, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts