NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tradermark with 28 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two trade618 with 17 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Richard with 12 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 10 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Richard with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gio5959 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,044 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 196 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

Big Mike View Post
Mark,

This thread:

Has over 1,000 posts and a lot of them have to do with astrology as the main poster (gio) was/is a master.

Mike

The master with all things Gann and astrolical . He came out with the highs and lows before the open on a frighteningly high percentage . Good luck and cant wait to see some predictions .

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 dandxg 
Denver, Colorado

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES, CL, anything that makes $$
Thanks Given: 164
Thanks Received: 77

Eric j View Post
The master with all things Gann and astrolical . He came out with the highs and lows before the open on a frighteningly high percentage . Good luck and cant wait to see some predictions .

Where? Last post from him is January https://nexusfi.com/search.php?searchid=127822&pp=25

Thanked by:
Richard
Dallas TX/USA

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 284

dandxg View Post
Where? Last post from him is January

Well whatever happened to him I'm sure he saw it coming.

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

Carl Futia was deep into Gann, Moon, Astrology stuff but then one day he switched to trade what you see and never look back. I guess I will never be able to reconcile this man now and then.
Carl Futia

Thanked by:
tradermark
madison wisconsin

Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 4

Richard,I have been doing a lot of digging on Gann,and finding reasons to be uneasy.No one has ever been able to replicate his results.His own son gave an interview after his death,where he said Gann never made any millions,and supported his family by selling trading courses.All modern Gann info sellers talk about the time Gann allowed a reporter to see him work the stock exchange,where in 30 days he ran a couple hundred into tens of thousands and had 92% winners.Gann himself never claimed to surpass these results-and I have a couple questions on them.I recently read a biography of Jacob Riis,and learned that most early 1900's New York newspapermen were incredibly overworked and underpaid.Also,if the press then was like some of the modern financial media,the line between straight news and sponsored infomercial gets a little blurry.Is it out of the realm of possibility that the story is,in part,a fabrication?I will continue to dig.Best wishes,Mark.

Thanked by:
Richard
Dallas TX/USA

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 284

tradermark View Post
Richard,I have been doing a lot of digging on Gann,and finding reasons to be uneasy.

Well it's clear, isn't it, that there's no definitive line on Gann techniques or any other trading tool, and there's never going to be. If everyone agreed, there'd be no market (edges dry up when everyone can see them). As a result, digging for opinions is rarely going to get you very far. It's like the uncertainty principle: the more specific you can be about what someone did, the less agreement you can find that it was good. So, most everyone thinks Livermore was outstanding because the accounts of what he did were so vague. Meanwhile, ask about the 13-period hull ma on the 2-minute chart and you'll get a variety of answers ranging from religious devotion to raging disdain.

So, my suggestion to anyone interested in Gann is to find whatever info there is on his methods, and try it. It doesn't take long to do, and it's very educational. Don't let yourself be like those people that never get stuff done because they are too busy reading books on how to get stuff done.

I try to think of a technique like an everyday tool around the house. It's not that they work or don't work, so much as they have their own domains of strengths and weaknesses. So, if I need toast, I'm much better off with a toaster than I am with a hammer. If I've got nails to drive, using a toaster isn't going to be very fun.

So if you take any indicator or technique, and are trying it out, try not to think of it as having a win rate like so many consistent losers do. Try to figure out what it says, where it's applicable, and where it's not. In the process, even if you never come back to it, you'll probably learn a lot about the markets.

Thanked by:
 futuretrader 
Como Italy

Platform: Ninjatrader, customized
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 643

I think it's important to distinguish between astrology and the use of moon phases. The former is very complex, so it might make sense to start with the moon, which has a definite cycle, as well as clear and extremely important effects on the earth. There was a fairly good thread on ET on lunar cycles and trading, started by someone who does know how to trade.

Thanked by:
 gio5959 
Chiron

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 155

Richard View Post
Well whatever happened to him I'm sure he saw it coming.

he/i is still around but in lurk mode enjoying retirement

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 dandxg 
Denver, Colorado

tradermark View Post
Richard,I have been doing a lot of digging on Gann,and finding reasons to be uneasy.No one has ever been able to replicate his results.His own son gave an interview after his death,where he said Gann never made any millions,and supported his family by selling trading courses.All modern Gann info sellers talk about the time Gann allowed a reporter to see him work the stock exchange,where in 30 days he ran a couple hundred into tens of thousands and had 92% winners.Gann himself never claimed to surpass these results-and I have a couple questions on them.I recently read a biography of Jacob Riis,and learned that most early 1900's New York newspapermen were incredibly overworked and underpaid.Also,if the press then was like some of the modern financial media,the line between straight news and sponsored infomercial gets a little blurry.Is it out of the realm of possibility that the story is,in part,a fabrication?I will continue to dig.Best wishes,Mark.

Ironically I had the opposite reaction as you did when I read it was Wyckoff that interviewed Gann. I have validated volume works well so I am inclined to believe the results.

Thanked by:
 dandxg 
Denver, Colorado

futuretrader View Post
I think it's important to distinguish between astrology and the use of moon phases. The former is very complex, so it might make sense to start with the moon, which has a definite cycle, as well as clear and extremely important effects on the earth. There was a fairly good thread on ET on lunar cycles and trading, started by someone who does know how to trade.

Good point. Take it a step further which astrology to study? Western, Vedic, Magi, Cosmobiology?

Worth mentioning again, if you are inclined to experiment with the esoteric the Ensign trial is a good place to start.

After one month of intense study, short relatively speaking, Gann mathematics I would definitely plan on keeping. Better stated Pythagorean Theorm. Astro, jury still out.

Lastly I was having a chat with another trader that said whether you believe in Gann or not the Reward to Risk provided from many of the set ups are 3-1 or better. This also goes for another form of market geometry, Andrews Pitchfork.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 7, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts