NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rithmic RTRADER

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 18 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two tr8er with 10 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Lightrade with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jokertrader with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one shokunin with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two santino with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tr8er with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mattz with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 30,471 views
    2. thumb_up 26 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 74 posts
    2. attach_file 10 attachments

Search this Thread

Rithmic RTRADER

tr8er 
Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

mattz View Post
Have you tried to save your settings on the order book? "Bracket and OCO" and "Order Defaults"?

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Hi Matt, thank you for your response! Yes I save it each time I close the platform.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

tr8er View Post
Hi Matt, thank you for your response! Yes I save it each time I close the platform.

Ok, let me playa round with it, and consult with Rithmic. Will update soon.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
 santino 
barcelona (Spain)

Platform: ninja.....
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 10

Is there any way to get an static Ladder in R/Trader DOM?

thank you.

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

santino View Post
Is there any way to get an static Ladder in R/Trader DOM?

thank you.

You can have a static ladder, but you will not be able to see the sizes.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
Thanked by:
 santino 
barcelona (Spain)

Platform: ninja.....
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 10

Thank you Mattz for the answer. I have had problems when placing an order and, in some cases, the order was the opposite of the order I had placed. Maybe, it's not a problem for swin traders but for scalpers yes.
regards

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

santino View Post
Thank you Mattz for the answer. I have had problems when placing an order and, in some cases, the order was the opposite of the order I had placed. Maybe, it's not a problem for swin traders but for scalpers yes.
regards

You can use Rithmic over third party applications, and maybe there is a solutin like Sierra or Muticharts that can address that.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

Does anyone know if there is an advanced user manual for R-trader?
I am particularly interested in the risk controls parameters, but they are not explained at all in the user manual that I have.

In particular I would like to set my own daily loss limits, smaller than the one set by the broker.

And I would like to be able to understand the risk messages that sometimes I get. There are 3 square cells, and sometimes one gets red and a warning appears saying something like "you are 8% from threshold".... I don't understand the message because I was far aways from any threshold.

Also, how do I put several accounts under the same R-trader platform?

It would be nice to have an extensive explanation of how to use R-trader potential.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jokertrader 
NYC, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, TT
Broker: N/A
Trading: Spread Researcher and crypto degen
Thanks Given: 545
Thanks Received: 360

Has anyone used R trader to place Synthetic trades live and has been using for sometime.. would appreciate comments or PM
These would be like flys, doubleflys or other combination of calendar spreads

I know we can do this with TT Pro ($400/month), CQG IC (500+/month) or CTS using Tradesniper ($100/month)
I for one could not get Tradesniper to work the way i want it to

I also know you can pull up multiple DOMs and click through each but there is legging risk

I know in theory you can do this in R trader - wanting some feedback from people who have been performing this action for sometime .. THANKS in advance

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

jokertrader View Post
Has anyone used R trader to place Synthetic trades live and has been using for sometime.. would appreciate comments or PM

I know we can do this with TT Pro ($400/month), CQG IC (500+/month) or CTS using Tradesniper ($100/month)

I also know you can pull up multiple DOMs and click through each but there is legging risk

I know in theory you can do this in R trader - wanting some feedback from people who have been performing this action for sometime .. THANKS in advance

I don’t have direct experience with Rithmic but after reading the docs it looks like it works in more or less the same fashion as CTS, where it enters positions with market orders, which is very expensive if you are trying to do flies/double flies.

“ If the transaction type is Buy, market orders for the components will be submitted to the exchange when the offer price of the synthetic instrument is less than or equal to the trigger price; or
 If the transaction type is Sell, market orders for the components will be submitted to the exchange when the bid price of the synthetic instrument is greater than or equal to the trigger price”

Also given the volume usually associated with trading flies/double flies, the low end pricing between TT and cts is much smaller than you list. If you are doing around 30 contracts a day your CTS price will be the same as your TT price. And cts is more expensive between 30 and 100 contracts a day. Especially when you consider relative execution quality TT will probably save you almost a tick every time you trade. If you make use of their infrastructure, TT well worth the price.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

CannonTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 183

jokertrader View Post

Hi @jokertrader can you provide an example of Synthetic trades you're interested in placing?

PM with any questions about Cannon Trading (800) 454-9572 (310) 859-9572. Trading commodity futures, forex and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this post are of opinion only and do not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 29, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts