NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Let's test the strategy

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Your demo account with 34 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two rleplae with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 CarpetHooligan with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 9,234 views
    2. thumb_up 8 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 43 posts
    2. attach_file 47 attachments

Search this Thread

Let's test the strategy

Your demo account
Volgograd

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 11

I could consistently charge only $ 40 a day and dreamed about $ 70
now I can take $ 75 a day and dream about $ 100
if I get $ 100 a day I don’t have to go anywhere anymore because then I’ll call myself a trader

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	путь трейдер 1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	264207  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Your demo account
Volgograd

That is the end of my days of practical work. Unfortunately I could not pass it but! I express my deep gratitude to LMI and VolFX and to everyone who had or is related to this tournament. No theory can be compared with the real, especially if it is for your money and when the risk is more than not passed (residents of the former Soviet Union will understand me)

My mistakes

1. The illusion of stability on a demo or in theory. She's a psychology. That's the answer to me and who reads how psychology affects the real trade. In 1 day I was afraid to go into trading, and when I entered I lost it and more and more. -120 for 1 day.

That day I fought with myself.

2. Lack of intelligible vehicle. You should have a trading system before trading and not to look for it when you are already bargaining

3. Finally, the most important thing is risks. Everyone says that you need to have your own tading system and know the volumes there are some applications in the DOM to count, but if you do not have a minimum risk for a transaction of 2-3 ticks, you will not be able to pass the selection. On a mini account, exactly 1 contract. Verified by me personally.

4. And not knowledge of the platform. You can not start trading on the platform if you have not studied it in terms of visualization of trade. For example, in recent days, I found a very interesting thing - reverse chart. If you set it up correctly, you can enter the market with a risk of 1-3 ticks and a profit of 4-10 and this is not a theory, it really was.

Bottom line: a failed experience is also an experience and I don’t intend to retreat, and if anyone is interested, I’m ready to discuss the vehicle together.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	практис.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	264592  
Your demo account
Volgograd

Why have I been working so hard for more than a year now, I propose to test my work together or yours if you want too.
Because in theory, it looks very good, but in real life it can be very bad. And why it is necessary to test at least 2. Because I did not see and decided that everything is OK, you can see and it turns out that the trading system is bad. For example, what I suggested turned out to be bad, because I could not take into account price fluctuations near the levels as a result of a lot of reruns and loss.

I again suggest testing the vehicle together. Practicing together to earn together. If you have any questions please write here

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	volfx.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	264593  

CarpetHooligan 
IL/USA

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 78

I don't think people are helping you because your system is confusing. It looks like random indicators. People don't have time for this. I recommend to first learn how markets move. Then try to make a system. Read Auction Market Theory. It will help you learn market cycles. Using that will help you select better indicators and use them correctly.

Or even better advice, forget about indicators

Telegram BPA Chat: https://t.me/+l3drbT3kYGc2Mjkx
We trade using Al Brooks Price Action and record our entries/exits in public for accountability.
Thanked by:

barabas 
Chicago IL USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: ES,NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 105
Thanks Received: 173

CarpetHooligan View Post
I don't think people are helping you because your system is confusing. It looks like random indicators. People don't have time for this. I recommend to first learn how markets move. Then try to make a system. Read Auction Market Theory. It will help you learn market cycles. Using that will help you select better indicators and use them correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have no idea what is going on in your trades but a red day is still a red day... you seemed to have a lot of those whats is your stop loss?

Your demo account
Volgograd

CarpetHooligan View Post

Or even better advice, forget about indicators

Thank you bro! You are the first who answered me. In fact, I understand that there is no time, but there it was enough for a maximum of a week to understand that there is something wrong there.
I am ready to seriously show the new Trading system based on the old system.
And the fact that I have been looking for so long - well, I don’t have that kind of intelligence and time and just money so that I can pull something like that

Your demo account
Volgograd

barabas View Post
I have no idea what is going on in your trades but a red day is still a red day... you seemed to have a lot of those whats is your stop loss?

Hello ! Welcome ! It's very simple, I will explain now but! there is a technical problem as I think support should answer me and everything is just perfect!

Your demo account
Volgograd

Good afternoon friends! There was a very good opportunity to test the trading system with a minimum risk of 1-2 ticks and a profit of 5-10.
In short: the formation of the price for the purchase or sale, then the setting of the limit and waiting. It's simple. But as usual the problem appeared.
well firstly there is no test
secondly there will be unprofitable transactions but with minimal risk
and the most important thing . I go through a prop, access is not to real quotes but to a simulation, so here’s why limits do not work
Here are screenshots of what to do, I do not know yet.
No indicators We just look at the price movement and go to the market and EVERYTHING!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	тс 1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	264692   Click image for larger version

Name:	тс2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	264693   Click image for larger version

Name:	тс22.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	264697  
Attached Images

Your demo account
Volgograd

But this is a problem that prevents me and you from being made. if you agree to test it, rich. market gurus.
limit does not work. I do not know what is wrong. I'm new but! It is very elementary to set limits on this for 1 week of the general trading course and there is nothing difficult there.
Here are screenshots, look tell me what you think

the problem is that my market does not see the limit here in the platform but if there is a breakdown of the stop, then a loss of 1 tick is fixed! I spread my arms I do not know what to do!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	264694   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	264695  

CarpetHooligan 
IL/USA

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 78

What do you mean limits don't work? Are you trading manually or is your program code trading?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Telegram BPA Chat: https://t.me/+l3drbT3kYGc2Mjkx
We trade using Al Brooks Price Action and record our entries/exits in public for accountability.

Last Updated on June 6, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts