NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Larry Williams!!

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one harryguy with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two hummeljt with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tradertool with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tigertrader with 2 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Arch with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 hummeljt with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 harryguy with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,750 views
    2. thumb_up 18 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 28 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Larry Williams!!

ElChacal 
Houston, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader TWS Barchart
Broker: IB / IB
Trading: SPY, QQQ
Thanks Given: 473
Thanks Received: 278

hummeljt View Post
Let my clarify: I am unaware what is in Larry's specific books you are considering purchasing. I personally won't waste my time or money on them. Just my opinion. What you do with yours is your business.

Is there a book or an author in Commodities you would suggest reading?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

hummeljt 
Davenport, IA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 10

ElChacal View Post
Is there a book or an author in Commodities you would suggest reading?

I recommend Larry Connors's "High Probability ETF Trading". Although this book is written with ETFs in mind for the systems, the RSI and 200 period SMA principles can be applied to other time frames. I have found it particularly effective to determine whether or not an index is overbought/oversold using daily time frames as discussed by Connors, and use this to determine my intraday trading context. For example, the NASDAQ ETF QQQ showed an overbought 3-day RSI exceeding 95 on Monday, and the NQ has been down as much as 200 points since Monday's close. No guarantees, but having a multi-day context of the price action does contribute perspective towards intraday risks you should, and just as importantly, should not consider. As of the close today, the QQQ 3-day RSI is at about 5, indicating that it is oversold. This indicates a bullish intraday bias going into tomorrow since the market is currently trading above the 200-day SMA. However, be warned that markets can remain in an Overbought or Oversold condition for several days during a trend change. At the very least, if you absolutely insist on catch "falling knives", at least wait until the 3-day RSI is under 5, and for goodness sake not when the RSI is over 90...

As a follow-on, I found Connors's recent effort "Buy the Fear, Sell the Greed" interesting, especially the discussion on the VXX.

Regards

Thanked by:
 Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

don't mean to hijack this thread but does anyone have any ideas how one could backtest a different version of the darlings of the dow that Williams and others tout ? What is a good piece of software that is easy to use? I have his current stock course and one of the methods is reported to average 20% a year.....well, I'd like to find out if it's true......I don't have his books but the stock course seems well done.........

thanks

Volt

harryguy 
st. louis missouri

Platform: tradestation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 25

Volt View Post
don't mean to hijack this thread but does anyone have any ideas how one could backtest a different version of the darlings of the dow that Williams and others tout ? What is a good piece of software that is easy to use? I have his current stock course and one of the methods is reported to average 20% a year.....well, I'd like to find out if it's true......I don't have his books but the stock course seems well done.........

thanks

Volt

I think TradeStation is the software that has the most Larry Williams tools. I have read his books that focused on futures and he is very forthcoming about how his proprietary indicators are built. But some of the indicators (like sentiment) are built on data that he collects himself and isn't available anywhere else. So you must acquire access to his licensed indicators through trading platforms that he works with. After watching Larry TV I believe that he uses two different software platforms to find seasonal patterns, Trade navigator and timing solutions.

Finding the "darlings of the dow" would be easy using a bloomberg terminal. But if that is too expensive you should check out Koyfinhttps://www.koyfin.com/home. It's free website that is trying to mimic bloomberg. It's definitely NOT a bloomberg terminal but it has some great features that are very helpful and it's geared towards equities trading. One feature is direct access to a snapshot of fundamental financial reports.

As for timing your entries you would have to go with tradenavigator/timing solutions. Or find a data source and do it in excel.....

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

numberjuani 
Agoura Hills, CA USA

Platform: Tradestation&Multicharts
Broker: TradeStation
Trading: Futures & Equities
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 102

harryguy View Post
on the subject of ole LW, I'm looking for easylanguage code for his indicators. When I have searched the forum the promising threads lead me to an error page. Anyone know where I can find code for ProGo, Willtrend, his COT indicators, etc?

For what platform? I have progo and relative COT

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

harryguy View Post
I think TradeStation is the software that has the most Larry Williams tools

I think TradeNavigator has it as well.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Tanvo 
Amsterdam Netherlands

Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB, TS
Trading: ES, CL, US
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 11

I just stumbled upon the futures and commodities course of Larry Williams: https://www.ireallytrade.com/futurescommodities/

Unfortunately I cannot find any reviews on this course.
Are there people on here that took this course? If yes, would you recommend this course?

elitecamper 
McAllen, TX

Platform: Multicharts, Jigsaw
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: ES, ZN, ZB, ZF
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 133

Larry Williams doesn't teach to trade intra day. He trades of the daily chart. The COT indicators are good for trading on the Daily chart but I don't see much use for them in intra day trading.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 harryguy 
st. louis missouri

Platform: tradestation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 25

elitecamper View Post
Larry Williams doesn't teach to trade intra day. He trades of the daily chart. The COT indicators are good for trading on the Daily chart but I don't see much use for them in intra day trading.

I wish this site had a section for those of us that aren’t day traders

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

I have no idea about his courses and will not hand over any of my money to Larry Williams to buy his courses, but I'll say that he's one of few educators I've come across which actually makes sense. I read his book called Long Term Secrets to Short Term Trading and it had some good ideas and statistics.

Larry also correctly called the bull run following the covid drop.

Last Updated on July 9, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts