NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Gauntlet journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 186 posts (474 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 30 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 oneuptrader with 15 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Yukoner with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two KillerJukeBox with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Yukoner with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 dyst with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 56,504 views
    2. thumb_up 617 thanks given
    3. group 47 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

My Gauntlet journal

RDK91 
Antwerp

2 trades today.

1 long 2 contracts on CL, entry at 66.38, SL triggered at 66.18 for a loss of 400$.
1 short 2 contracts on NG, entry at 3.248, TP both contracts at 3.223 for a profit of 300$.

Total loss for today of 117,76$.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 RDK91 
Antwerp

I had no time to do an update yesterday so i will do it today.

2 trades:

1 long 2 contracts on NG, entry at 3.260, SL triggered at 3.244 for a loss of 320$.
1 short 2 contracts on GC, entry at 1233.60, both contracts out at 1233.40 for a profit of 40$.

The reason i closed the GC trade so soon was because i was not supposed to enter it in the first place, i thought i had a valid signal but when i took another look after executing the trade it turned out it was not.

Total for the day is a loss of 280$.

RDK91 
Antwerp

2 trades today:

1 long 2 contracts on NG, entry at 3.185, first target at 3.206, other contract closed at 3.192 which generated 280$.
I made a small mistake there since the second contract should have been closed at 3.202.
1 long 2 contracts on GC, entry at 1233.50, first target at 1234.7 and trailing stop at 1235, which generated 270$.

Total for today 532,24$

My concentration has got better with the new alerts i have created, however the last few days there have been not as many signals as in the beginning.
So lets hope the amount of signals increases again so that i finally can start generating the return that i know this system is capable of.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Only 1 trade for me today.
I have missed some other signals since i had a few meetings today.

Short 1 contract CL, entry at 63.64, took profit at 63.10 since i expected some support between 63.10 and 63.00.
However it looks like i should have left the trade open, anyway i made a profit of 540$.

Edit: i have done some more research and testing, from now on i am going to use a risk/reward of 1:1,5. The trailing stop remains the same.
I have analyzed all my trades from my Gauntlet so far and only 1 of the profitable trades would have resulted in a loss using a 1:1,5 instead of a 1:1, however the profits made would have been much larger then the loss from that 1 trade.

I know my system works, yet i am still intervening sometimes (like today, my 1:1,5 risk reward TP would have been at 62.89).
A really bad habit ...

RDK91 
Antwerp

Going to take the day of today and spend some quality time with the family.

I do not want to risk losing a part of the profits i have made so far because of some unexpected move.
My return so far is 8,58%, my average risk:reward currently is 1:1,01. There definitely is room for improvement here.
So far i have missed all the trades that would have given me a good risk:reward ratio (1:3 or more).
A few of those and my average will be closer to 1:1,5.
Win rate currently is 59%, also room for improvement if i stop missing so many trades in the future.

25 active trading days remaining my Gauntlet.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Done for today, the frustrations are getting to much.

Missed 2 trades today when i had to get my son from school and went to the grocery store where i ran into an old friend that i haven't seen for years, so it took much longer then expected.

The 2 trades that i have missed where good trades ... one would have made 920$ (short GC), the other one would have made 330$ (short NG, one contract would have been open for the trailing stop).

The 2 trades that i actually took are, what else, losers of course ...

2 trades on CL for a total loss of 640$.

This shit is getting annoying ...

RDK91 
Antwerp

Took another trade, why ...
Looked like a perfect setup, long GC, loss of 460$.

Total loss today 1100$.

Surely this streak of bad luck has to end sometime ... with those 2 winning trades i would have ended up with a small profit.

RDK91 
Antwerp

8 trades today, 4 losers, 2 winners, 2 BE.

One of the losing trades went to 1 tick from my first target, should have gone out at break even here.
One very nice short on NG for 620$ profit.
3 losing trades on CL and on GC.

I do realize that struggling periods like these are normal, if i would not have missed as many trades as i did then it would be no problem at all, however now it is just pure frustration since it is eating away the little profit i have made so far.

Currently another signal on CL is forming for me, however i think i will not take it.
Edit: took it anyway, if i would be selecting my own trades then why do i have a mechanical system is the first place ... i have to follow the rules at all times.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Totally forgot about the FOMC today ... yet another mistake.

However no reason to panic, plenty of time left, no more room for mistakes, focus focus focus so i stop missing trades and everything should be fine.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Finally a good day today, current closed profit 1040$, (460$ at risk with the open trade).

Still long in a GC trade, if i get my target i will be back above 27000$.

Last Updated on July 16, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts