NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 843 posts (4,515 thanks)
    2. looks_two redbarntrades with 59 posts (147 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 28 posts (117 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Okina with 23 posts (41 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 5.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 redbarntrades with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 449,111 views
    2. thumb_up 6,047 thanks given
    3. group 647 followers
    1. forum 1,639 posts
    2. attach_file 251 attachments

Search this Thread

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

ClearTrades
Yakima WA

Thanks Given: 67
Thanks Received: 20

Nice video. Just thinking if you have to lock your mouse in your safe for a certain amount of time.... Then you need to focus on self control issues. I mean it is good you have a solution but it is something you need to work on. Ideally, you shouldn't have to rely on this. It just means you need to work on developing yourself more. Be master and commander of yourself. Know yourself, and only trade when you think rationally and are not rushed or emotional.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

lancelottrader View Post
That's really good. Glad it has been helpful. Once you get to a point in your trading where you understand a few things like
1. What trades or setups seem to work out well for me a good part of the time
2. What are the conditions of the market when I tend to get these winning trades
3. Disciplining myself to only trade when those conditions and setups occur

If you find out that...then the only thing that can screw you up is your inability to master your emotions and impulses. Also, failing to properly read the market.
I realized recently..that I most likely have fairly severe ADHD..and have had it since I was a kid. That makes trading way more difficult..because you easily lose focus..and you can lack impulse control. Many of these techniques..like the ECM inventory ..I came up with to counteract my tendencies.

i also have ADHD and it does make it a little hard but if another human can do it then so can i. One of the books i read a few years ago talked about handling ADHD and how instead of trying to suppress all those thoughts, you should actually act on them. Meaning you can make it work in your favor, i do tons of different things throughout the trading session because i know that if i just sit here and stare my brain will go bat shit crazy so I have other businesses to tend to, this forum, books ect and your ECM idea was just the icing on the cake to keep it all together.

The book if i remember correctly is called the gold standard, I don't remember the price but im sure if i bought it it was cheap

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

ClearTrades View Post
Nice video. Just thinking if you have to lock your mouse in your safe for a certain amount of time.... Then you need to focus on self control issues. I mean it is good you have a solution but it is something you need to work on. Ideally, you shouldn't have to rely on this. It just means you need to work on developing yourself more. Be master and commander of yourself. Know yourself, and only trade when you think rationally and are not rushed or emotional.

I don't need to do that now. But there was a time where I felt it would be best to take the option of trading off the table. Same as some people who have broker platforms that they can request to be locked out of for a period of time after their loss limit is hit.

Failure is not an option
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Haven't posted any videos in a while. The main reason is that I was adjusting to trading larger size and a few adjustments needed to be made (which I explain at the beginning of the video.)

Failure is not an option
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about bumping up size... all logical steps that you've taken, makes a lot of sense.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
ClearTrades
Yakima WA

Thanks Given: 67
Thanks Received: 20

lancelottrader View Post
I don't need to do that now. But there was a time where I felt it would be best to take the option of trading off the table. Same as some people who have broker platforms that they can request to be locked out of for a period of time after their loss limit is hit.

Yeah I get it. I personally have a set time period where I trade everyday and I dont trade outside of that time period. For me it helps me to just be consistent.

TraderJeff 
Santa Cruz, CA USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AmpFutures/ZenFire
Trading: ES, ZN
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 4

I have found that trading the first 2 hours after the open yields better $$$ than trading longer. Not only for the fatigue factor...but also because of the increased volume the open and period after the open offers.

Blue Eagle 
vancouver British Columbia/Canada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 7,814
Thanks Received: 7,860

@lancelottrader miss watching the videos and your thoughts... hope all is good with you. Still in the game?

Craig

Until you make the Unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it Fate...
Thanked by:
 trade888 
Vancouver + Canada

Platform: Sierra
Trading: CL UB ES
Thanks Given: 880
Thanks Received: 115

In your video you mention going from 2 to 5 contracts and how that increased the anxiety level.
Going from 2 to 5 is a 150% increase in size and from 5 to 10 is a 100% increase.
Would you feel less stress if you added 1 contract at a time?
Going from 5 to 6 is only a 20% increase and thus would be expected not to affect your stress as much as an increase of 150%.
When 6 is routine then just add 1 more and so on.

Thanked by:
 Rcap 
Frankfurt Germany

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 643

Hello,

I read all of the 115 pages of this thread in the last days and i want to say thank you, lancelottrader, for sharing all this information. I really appreciate the time and effort that you bring in here.I also congratulate for your success and hope you are still doing well

I´m a Trader from Germany and i like volatile markets. Thats why this thread is very interesting for me. I used to trade the FDAX but i moved to CL. I still like the FDAX but its combination of a) tricky to trade because very thin and b) huge contract (>300k EUR per contract) made it very volatile for me... in terms of p&l as well as psychological.

When trading CL i look for swings on a 1 min chart. My usual stop is 10 Ticks and my minimum target is also 10 Ticks. In momentum i trade without target. I have a good feeling for the exit of running trades by focusing on volume peaks. That way i often get 30 to 40 tick winners. My trading depends on buyer or seller surpluses which i detect by watching the development of the 1 min candle in combination with speed as well as support and resistance. I only trade when there is a surplus in the market and when i believe i can feel in what way the surplus /the order is beeing executed (eg. offensive or defensive execution).

At the moment for me the only negative factor with cl is the high commission compared especially to EUREX futures. I trade with AMP on TT web platform.

Looking forward to have some contact and information exchange with other traders, especially CL Traders.

Last Updated on April 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts