well to save making a fool of myself and to not waste your time, I downloaded 2.2 from yesterday (slightly newer version than I was using) and followed the method to migrate exactly as you said and it worked as you said.
1. I added Crossover, Pullback, Continuation to my Methods list, the Trade Types dropdown does not reflect these 3 new trade types
2. I have 44 trades entered, I cleared the Date Filter and the 'total number of trades' shows 3 - presume I need to learn more about using Date Filter
3. I do not know where those dates came from in the Date Filter drop down menu, I guess these are dates that you entered and are left there by Excel.
4. will send my xlsm via pm to you
Also if you want to get rid of the count of blanks in that pivot table, go to the filter in J3 -> Date Filters -> Between and enter first date way in the past and second way in the future, that will exclude the blanks.
I see that I am not being understood. some of my problems are with the drop down menus in Pivot Table. I tried to capture the drop down menu image, but can not, so I have images below with arrows to the drop down menus I am talking about
1. in my methods table you will see that I have 7 methods of which I am using Crossover, Pullback, Continuation in my journals
1.1 in Pivot Table - see green arrow to Trade Types, if I open this drop down I see 11 methods none of which are Crossover, Pullback or Continuation, and you will see I have 2 Pivot Tables displayed, S/R and Fade Channel of which I have No journal entries for
2. in Pivot Table there is a green arrow to Date Filter drop down menu, I have cleared the Date Filter and yet I is selecting only 4 trades. I tried selecting all dates in the period November and it still gives me the same dates in October.
Ok, I have understood it now. And I was able to replicate it, but only when macros were disabled. So please make sure you have macros enabled, otherwise it will not work.
If macros are enabled then just go to journal tab, back to pivot table tab and then select the filter.
for some reason it still take forever to reload when switching between pages.. also the decimal places thing isnt working no matter what value i put in.. im going to play with it some more to see if its something ive done wrong and i will post back..
ok i got the decimal places thing working.. im not sure if its cuz i didnt copy and paste only values on the instrument list or on the journal side, but i did paste values only on the second time around on both and it works now.. the calculations are still an issue.. well compared to 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 they are..
dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see
Last edited by madLyfe; December 19th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Reason: did some more digging..
The following user says Thank You to madLyfe for this post:
Precisely it was because you also copied the format on the journal tab. The logic for the decimals is in the formatting as no values change in any case, the only thing that can change there is how the value will be displayed.
Seems to be identical to 2.0.8 on my side.... would you mind sending me a PM with your journal (if you don't want me to see your trades, you could delete (ideally only some of) them) so I can compare the calc times and hopefully fix it?
Hic Rhodos, hic salta.
The following user says Thank You to vvhg for this post: