Increased or decreased risk with adding strategies and boredom etc.
This post is intended for those that have one or more strategies making enough trades and providing some profit.
After I got my first strategy live and churning away making profits most weeks I find it extremely hard to motivate myself to add strategies or improve the existing one, until I find some problems with it. Leading me to boredom.
I tried to code and add other strategies to have them as backup or decrease variance of returns. But instead of decreasing variance they seem to increase variance. Because the markets are so interconnected and when eg. there is sudden increased volatility all markets seem to behave bad. Like in 2008 all markets went wild, which means if you have many strategies it is very likely ALL of them will take a beating at the same time which will make the DD deeper. So risk is actually reduced by just having one active strategy.
How have you guys solved this. What do you do once you have a working strategy? Try to improve it, create backup-strategies(in case edge would die) or try to add strategies and find uncorrelated ones or something else?
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.