Don't want to be invasive, BigMike, but that must be scary not to have treatment working for severe pneumonia. I thought maybe a futures.io (formerly BMT) support thread might be in order.. hope everyone will chime in. Sure hope you get better soon. futures.io (formerly BMT) needs you.
I recall that you normally don't sleep soundly. Wonder how well you can now..? I hope you can get some strong sleep aids (Benadryl works wonders, I find.. off the counter. But I didn't say that if your doctor has you on some strong other meds. Check with him/her first, of course)
Dry heat sauna -- very good for helping clear the lungs AND the heat raises the temp of the body. So, if you're in there 20 min. or so, it can help reduce a viral condition.
Pneumonia can be viral and/or bacterial... or both. Not to condescend. But, food, sleep and "other" can help a viral condition whereas sometimes antibiotics can't. These would include:
1. Try not to add mucous to the system with ice cream, cheese. Some would suggest yogurt/kefir for the probiotics, but I personally wouldn't.
2. Add onions, garlic to your daily regimen of eating.
3. Mustard pack on chest or if you want to be dramatic, cut and then cook up some onions (and don't leave while cooking..) and put these on top of a towel on your chest.
4. Castor oil pack -- excellent for increasing the immune function but also very calming to the nervous system. Pour castor oil on an old thin t-shirt or such and put on your abdomen. Place heating pad behind it. Sit for 20 min or more for at least 3 days running. Very helpful for sleep.
5. V8 -- potassium, phosphorus & Vitamins... plus, if you're up for it, add in some cayenne pepper
1. Relax in an oxygen bath at least once a day. An oxygen bath consists of adding 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of sea salt and 1/2 cup of baking soda to a hot bath. Sit for at least 15 to 30 minutes. An oxygen bath will help you breathe while it oxidizes the toxins and mucous built up in your lungs so they can be released through your pores, nose and urine.
2. Apply a mustard plaster to your chest twice a week. A mustard plaster is made by mixing 2 tbs of mustard powder, 2 eggs, 6 tbs of wheat flower and a cup of water into paste. Apply liberally to your chest and let it sit for 20 minutes, or until you skin flushes to a light pink color. This mixture will held bring the toxins in your lungs to the surface so they can escape through your pores. Do not use the mustard plaster if you have any allegies to mustard, egg or wheat.
3. Sit in a hot sauna or steam bath for 20 minutes at least once a week. If a sauna or steam room is not available, simply add 10 to 20 drops of eucalyptus oil to a hot bath. Breathe in the steam slowly and allow the oils to open your pores so toxins may be release through your skin.
4. Perform a nasal/mucous treatment at least once a day or as needed: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 5 to 10 drops of eucalyptus oil. Place a bath towel over your head and breath in the steam from the water. Do this until the water is room temperature or the steam subsides.
Hope something will help quickly. All best wishes...
The following 11 users say Thank You to goldilocks for this post:
Thanks @goldilocks. The prednisone and antibiotics seem to have prevented it from getting worse, there was a couple days where I could not breathe at all, gasping for air. But they have not cleared up the infection yet. Still have fever. It is very draining. And now I am off the prednisone, so I have zero energy. I will be following up with the doctor when my antibiotics run out if I don't see dramatic improvement by the weekend.
Already doing this.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
Trading, coding, backtesting and running forums is extremely hazardous to one's health. Sitting in front of screens for days without sufficient physical exercise and suffering from irregular sleep.
I had a 15-hour-work-session yesterday , and I had to take half a day off to recover, today. Still trying to find an optimum balance by regularly allowing for breaks and physical exercise. Pneumonia is often a sign of overexertion.
Hope you'll recover soon. Want to see you back here as a pacemaker in old strength!
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
HI Mike ,
I am really sorry for your health issues , but there is always hope with natural remedies , when the antibiotics stop working it means that the immune system is very weak and needs to be replenished and the best way to do it is to take the following 2 times a day :
3 Tablespoons of Manuka Honey ( available in health stores ) the New Zealand brand is the best .
mixed with 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon and 3/4 teaspoon of powdered clove , preferably on empty stomach , and last thing to take before going to sleep , the Manuka honey is a natural antibiotic known to kill the most stubborn bacteria !
One more thing to do is steam inhalation using Eucalyptus oil , it will provide hot and moist air to the respiratory tract. It is simple and takes less than 20 minutes to complete with remarkably effective result at clearing nasal passages and sinuses.
Pour some boiling water into a bowl and add a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Hold your head over the bowl and cover with a towel . Close your eyes and inhale slowly and deeply. Remove the towel for fresh air and continue the treatment for 20 minutes !
Last but not least : Garlic .... Garlic’s medicinal value is not subject to debate, it is a reality. Garlic could save your life on a number of scores. You should eat it, and you should eat it on a regular basis , I would recommend chopping 6 or 7 garlic gloves and mixing it to your broiled eggs , making a nice egg omelette , eat it first thing in the morning after the honey mixture of course !
I hope that you will feel much better , a lot of rest is recommended , please forget about the forum for once , your health is soo important !
Get well soon !
The following 5 users say Thank You to soumi71 for this post: