What would have worked would have been instead of giving them the taxpayers money the US government should have just bought the companies. That way the record profits they made would have been the taxpayers, instead, it flowed to those banks customers in the hedge and private fund world, domestic and international.
The following user says Thank You to syxforex for this post:
"You can't relabel re-distribution as nation building."
Paulson, Bush, and the Goldman-Government team orchestrated the largest redistribution in history of mankind, and called it new world order building.
I prefer Ron Paul and the Libertarians, but the reality of the situation is that Romney is a new world order banker and Obama, I don't really know what he is, but he is anti-banker, so, for me, that's where I'm at. Reign these people in and have them give something back and pay their due.
Y.. and then sold it back into the private sector but the big wigs will flip out.. They will give plenty of reasons why that's not a good idea real or propaganda.. At least those big bonuses would have been controlled.. The rationale given was "those big bonuses are necessary to keep talent." during recessionary times.. sure.. I've worked in corporate and when a leader is replaced, the next one up the ranks will do just fine... The key is the integrity and empathy of the leader that makes the biggest difference.. Most people close to the top ranks are all pretty talented and easily replace each other..
No idea on the accuracy of this (seems way off from other polls like CNN), but fun to watch nonetheless
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The problem, of course, is that most of that extra spending to buy stuff would flow to the manufacturers of the stuff - largely outside of the US. So it would be a bump for their hiring, not so much the U.S.
And once the Kool-Aid runs out, it'd be back to the same old same old...
Same goes for tax cuts - they've got to fix the leak in the plumbing so enough of the water flows back to refill the well, or all you're going to get is parched earth.
Also, government can help with employment, but it's over the long-term. Inventions in computing, the internet (DARPA), decoding the human genome (picked up and done better by Craig Venter later at Celera - but started by the gov't) are examples of government "intervention" that build foundations that private companies later exploit for money (and that creates jobs/wealth).
Really risky stuff is what gov't is supposed to invest in, because it has no pressure to produce immediate profits. Once the profit looks like it is there, then the "Captains of Industry" can summon their "Animal Spirits" and start grabbing with both hands.
The following user says Thank You to Tarkus11 for this post:
- US companies are only allowed to be sold to US citizens..
- US Real Estate are only allowed to be sold to US citizens..
- Some tarifs, but nothing crazy to halt cheaper/better products from entering the country.. lots of revenue there..
- US citizens given preference in hiring for skilled labors
- US companies that gives education re-imbursements can be additionally supplemented by government to get needed skills
- Those on social programs are required to do some weekly volunteer work to prevent them from gaming the system
- Strict crime laws like Singapore
- Regulate prostitution and drugs to bring pimps and dealers out of business..
- Providing centers with food and shelter for the homeless is cheap and wont bring our deficits out of control.. If you're on food stamp for an extended time and you're not handicapped, you're required to go eat at those food centers.. If you have any pride, that should motivate you to go look for work..
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jedi for this post: