I always find answers to my issues on this forum with the search but I have never could figure this out. I use ninjatraer 7 and I enter usually on buy stop and sell stops then add orders for my stop loss and take profit manually. I would like to take advantage of the ATM and have them automatically placed but I have yet to figure out how to use this feature for anything but limit orders.
(1) Set up an ATM strategy first. The ATM strategy allows you to cut your intended position into three slices and add brackets for each of them. The brackets include a profit target and a stop loss. The profit target is optional - if you set the value to 0, there will be no profit target, but you can take profits manually as you intended. The stop can be trailed, the parameters can be set under "Stop strategy". Once you have entered all parameters of your strategy save it under a new name.
(2) Now preselect your new strategy before activating your stop order for entering a position. When the stop gets hit, the strategy will automatically execute, which means that your bracket orders will be set.
Last edited by Fat Tails; February 7th, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
The following 4 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
I have a similar question. I`m looking to create a hotkey for a buy stop and a hotkey for a sell stop. The way I want it to work is for example if I want to do a Buy, I would like to press a hotkey for a buy stop which would automatically take me into the trade at the current running price or one tick above the current running price. Similarly, I would like to do the same for a sell, with a sell stop at the current running price or one tick below the current running price. I`m trying to set up a hotkey to perform this action. Any help would be much appreciated.
NinjaTrader has a hotkey manager. The hotkey manager will not allow you to configure a hotkey for a buy stop for the current running price (this is actually quite a strange idea). However you can configure
- a market buy order
- a buy order at the current ask
- a buy order at the current bid
Accordingly you can configure the hotkey manager for
- market sell order
- a sell order at the current bid
- a sell order at the current ask
I tried going into the hotkey manager and was able to select a hotkey for this function however I get a message saying that "all hot keys are inactive when a modal form has focus"? I'm not sure what this means. So I say okay to that message and tried it on the DOM but it didn't work?
I do not use hotkeys, as I am happy with my mouse. However, hotkeys will only work, if the active window is an order entry window. If you have 2 SuperDOMs, one showing ES and the other one NQ, only an order for the selected window should be generated.
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
So I tried to used the hotkey method on Ninjatrader itself however setting up a buy ask or a sell bid places a trade but it's a limit order actually. I'm looking to go in for a buy stop or a sell stop, so in a live market as soon as I press the hotkey it would take me in at the market price (one tick above for a buy or one tick below for a sell). When I was placing trades, sometimes my trade would not fill as it was limit order. If you middle mouse click on the DOM, you'll notice that you can select a price for a stop market order (STP). I want to do the same action but not selecting a specific price, I want to click a seperate hotkey for a buy stop and one for a sell stop that takes me in straight into the trade. This action is not possible within Ninjatrader itself, that's why I want to use a third party hotkey (ie. autohotkey) to perform this task. Any help with this would be great! Thanks again for being patient with me.