Great, looks really good! I like the work they did on the framework to have more coherence for the long run. Multi threaded is really nice!
Feature/enhacement from NT7 I hope are in 8:
1) being able to use transparency, for all colors
2) NT + IB, let say I have a c++ strategies running with IB and I have NT strategies and NT discretionary (let say they all trade ES), sometime I would like to be able to use NT as a monitoring tool, so I can see all the orders of all the ATS running connected on IB (I think this is kind of ok today), but sometime I want to use a NT just as a discretionary trader and seeing all the positions of all the ATS (NT and C++/IB) while you are trading ES makes it really really hard to trade (from the chart trader). Basically a mode where I can see only orders sent by "this specific NT" vs "by what ever report IB (meaning all connections)" will be AWESOME
3) Stability improvement, when I optimize on NT7 , it too often block. I have a friend who use something else with 30+ strategies running live and he can also backtest
or optimize at the same time (not advise but he can, that works well)
4) More than 1 instance per machine will be nice (for robustness)
5) Continuous contract
(stitching) issues; download and export data slow and can erase previous older data; export only 1 by 1; when I download a lot of data from Continuum some data are not always well stitch together from Daily, Minutes and tick data;.....Having 1 db for all the divers tools will be great as I'm a bit confuse sometime with replay, download, it seems there are many etc...
6) I have 20 chart trader open, then I need to go thought each one of them and switch them one by one to the right account, every morning....it will be great to be able to toggle all of them with 1 action, all "sim/no trading" versus "live account".
7) I have very little free time (kids, work, life), sometime I end up spending way more QA time (exchanging email, reproducing issues, trying on different computers, on the phone or teamviewer with someone from NT to look at a bug etc...Also I give new features ideas) and often after all this time, I learn it will be fix in NT8 and not on the current version I use NT7, which is ok but an incentive to free QA will be nice as quite frankly sometime I hesitate doing it because of the time it requires to report an issue (Ideas: money, new license, upgrade license
All of those and more have been reported, I really hope some are in...
For the best of NT