IB's data is terrible because of the pacing and more importantly because of the snapshot data. Stop defending your decision to be cheap and move on...
Sent from my phone
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
1. What the history data have IQFeed from stock ? > IQFeed have consolidated data from all ECN and Exchange.
2. Why I need clear exchange history data from ISLAND and NYSE without other ECN ? > I send my order directly on this exchange
3. Clear exchange data ( and history ) from ISLAND and NYSE other than consolidated data with other ECN ? > Absolutely
4. Who have clear exchange history data from ISLAND and NYSE > IB 2$ in month, Esignal minimum 102$ in month, Reuters Eikon minimum 150$ in month, Bloomberg...
5. Ninjatrader and other popular trader software can may filter ticks, bid/ask only from ISLAND and NYSE without other ECN from IQFeed > not can
6. IQFeed have European and Asian stock exchange > not have
7. But why I not use Esignal > LOL ...
... Sorry my English not good for big discuss, IQFeed for example
I repost duckthwaider from Ninja forum
frankly, even though I've been happy with NT so far, NT's handling of IB's historical data feed has me seriously thinking of changing my trading platform, at least for FX. I use Kinetick for data backup and also for historical data, but for my FX trading, I'm really unhappy with their historical data. FX data unfortunately are largely broker dependent, and as Kinetick's FX data are supplied by FXCM, there are huge discrepancies between their data and IB's, leading to unreliable backtests. In case anyone should argue why don't I trade FX through FXCM: that's not an option, for various reasons.
I understand duckthwaider ? > Absolutley
What about ...move on ?
Ps. I really have bad english for discuss sorry, but this does not mean that we ( I and other people ) should sit and wait NJ9 in 2020 year.
Last edited by TCust; September 26th, 2015 at 11:54 PM.
So you want to use IB data because you're only only routing orders through island/NYSE, and don't want to use IQ feed because they only offer a consolidated/ complete feed from all exchanges. You also require stock data from EU/Asian markets that IQ feed does not support.
It sounds like your best solution is to use Esignal data, or change platform.
"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"