I cannot get LineAlertsOnPriceV3 indicator to trigger alerts for unknown reason. Can someone help please?
Thus far, I was able to...
- Setup email alerts in the Options/Misc. Tested to send emails to the right address.
- Successfully imported the indicator.
- Plotted horizontal lines using the indicator.
- Turned the lines to TRUE on both alerts (sound and email)
- Price crossed the line in both directions
And yet, alerts do not go trigger for unknown reason. Help!
The indicator settings look correct. However, you have set the indicator to CalculateOnBarClose (COBC) = true.
COBC = true: With the setting "Cross above/below" the indicator only triggers an alert, when a close beyond the price level is detected.
COCB = false: The alert is triggered intra-bar, when the first tick beyond the selected level is detected.
If I look at your sample chart above, there is no close above the level 1855.00. Therefore no signal can be generated with the setting COBC = true. To generate a signal price would have to close at 1855.25 or higher. If you wish that the upper tails of the last three bars generate a signal, you need to set the indicator to COBC=false.
Don't hesitate to send me a private message, if you have further questions.
The following 3 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: