Recently I downloaded FDAX tick data from patbateman, which is in NT db format (*.ntd). The problem I have is that the tick data seems to be EST (It displayed ticks from 2:00 to 16:00 in my PC, were it should have been 8:00 to 22:00).
I have now converted the data by following these steps:
1) Delete all FDAX data
2) Copy all tick data files to \NinjaTrader 7\db\tick\....
3) Change my PC timezone to EST
4) Start NT
5) Export all tick data to text files
6) Quit NT
7) Change time zone back to my time zone (Madrid UTC+1 with daylight savings)
8) Start NT
9) Import the text files I exported in 5
It seems data timestamps are ok and properly converted, but I'm not sure if I have errors in it, specially with daylight savings.
Is there a better way to do this? and more important is this the correct way of converting tick timestamps?
The following user says Thank You to daydaxer for this post:
According to NT support the recommended way of doing it is using the export / import process instead of copying in pure ntd files for exactly for this reason. The exported files from NT would be UTC and if imported again would be put into the correct target timezone on the local PC.