Need a study that combines several tickers into a single plot
I have created two market charts that are extremely important to my trading, both of which are "contra" in nature, in another platform. To make the chart in NinjaTrader, I need to be able to combine multiple tickers into a single candlestick chart as one set of candles. Think IBM+AAPL+ABC
My question is: Has anyone created a study that allows for this as it doesn't appear readily possible in software.
Was looking at that, and while impressive, its not exactly the direction I was headed. I created a formula on a TOS chart that simply adds symbols together and makes a candlestick chart of the combined tickers price movement; only one set of candles necessary. My use case is adding several contrary tickers together to get an overall volatility and major equity movement indications.
The picture attached shows the current setup I'm trying to duplicate.
If no, please give the exact needed formula of your TOS chart, i well see the way for universal usable expression option, or alternate i can hard code your given formula as special t4tCalcSym version for you
=> ok, your need a "CumulativeMultiSymbolChart", weighted by a optional factor per symbol with up to 7 (we say better up to 8) instruments... i hope you use NinjaTrader7 !64BIT! with a fast harddisk, then this is principial only a copy and paste job for duplicate the code from 2 symbols to 8symbols with a new "add" function to cummulate
-> please give a answer for the base chart...
- well you see this as single ChartPanel, without a normal base symbol, then you must self define one of the used instruments as selected instrument on the normal ninjachart and the indicator well full replace the original (base)chart for only drawing the calculated chart
- alternate you have a normal base chart and the indicator well draw the calculated candles on a new/own panel (full tickbased syncronized with the base chart)... as sample for this concept you can check/compare my t4tMultiSym and my t4tSpreadSym indicator
The trading systems are all running 64 bit, and are very high end machines. :-)
Regarding the base chart it can be the ES (e-mini) or any other instrument that the user determine worthy of review. The ability to add the weighting factor you describe is valuable so users can assign equal impact on the tickers selected.
Other than that, you have exactly defined what I'm looking to accomplish.
There are two charts at work here. Both of them are contrarian in nature and thus have a generally inverse relationship with the TF, ES, NQ, and YM that I trade. One of the charts uses typically contrarian, but actually traded vehicles; ZN, DX, VXX, etc. The other formula is designed to show me the vix metrics of major equities such as the vix for AAPL, vix for GS, and several others. . As i don't day trade equites only futures, these are extremely good "tickers" to show me the intraday fear/vix of a good representation of significant market players when added together. Again, I don't care about them individually, only the overall picture of the market they represent and have taught this to the members of our trading group.
Over my career I have worked with every study out there and, in all honesty, I have found that the market itself is the best indicator. Therefore, I created these two formulas as two of the four internals that I use. I would be happy to make a video for the group with more detail and explanation should anyone be interested.
The following user says Thank You to the1target for this post:
one additional question:
=> what well you see, if one or more of the included symbols out of the trading session and can currently no deliver actual datas? ...
- VariantA: use the last value ("last tick of last session") and calculate/draw all as normal view
- VariantB: use the last value ("last tick of last session") and calculate/draw all as special color view, while not exact values
- VariantC: non calcualte / draw any values, if one or more Instruments out of trading session and currently without actual ticks