Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:
Just a heads up, the reason why I never found this feature, other than it being a little icon hiding on the chart toolbar which I almost never looked at, is that this feature is disabled once you attach a Strategy to the chart.
(1) Once you enter a position close out the other order (OCO)
(2) Once you enter a position leave the other order as a hard stop loss.
(3) Once you enter a position close out the other order and replace it with a trailing stop.
Here is my answer:
(1) Activate the OCO option in the NinjaTrader DOM and enter the first order, then the second one.
When a position is entered the other order should be automatically cancelled.
(2) Just enter a buy and a sell stop order (OCO disabled).
(3) Define an ATM strategy with a trailing stop, then enter a buy and a sell order by using that ATM strategy.
When you are filled you need to remove the other order manually (at least I do not know, how to do it with an OCO order, maybe somebody else does).
The following 3 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: