This post has been selected as an answer to the original posters question
I have some indicators, which do not draw boxes, but highs and lows. The easiest would be the OpeningRange indicator. Let us assume that your Asian box starts at 8:00 AM TST and ends at 3:00 PM TST.
Then you can apply the opening range indicator to the European or US session and use it to draw the high and low of the Asian box. Start and end time of the Asian box can be entered via the indicator dialogue menu.
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).
The following 4 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
Hi Thanks Fat Tails for the reply. i have set up the indicator on my charts. it works ok but its not really what I'm after. It is very similar but i just want something alot more basic the one i have on MT4 you just put in the time you want it to start and finish and it draws a box from the high to the low of that time it also shows the number of pips from high to low of the box. anyway i will keep searching maybe someone can program one
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.