How can I load weekly pivots in Ninja trader ? when I try on weekly charts it keeps asking me to load more historical data , and when I do so , the pivots still do not plot ,
Can someone please help ?
Thank you soo much
This post has been selected as an answer to the original posters question
To display weekly pivots you would need data for the prior week. If you open a chart right now, the last day plotted would be Friday, Oktober 21. The chart end date would be today, that is October 23. Your chart therefore needs to cover at least the period from Friday, October 7 to Friday October 21.
I always include the last day of one week earlier to make sure that the required week is complete.
So if you count back from today, your chart lookback period should be set to 17 days or more. Also make sure that you have loaded historical data to your data base. The you can best use the SessionPivots indicator in DailyBars mode.
The chart below use a lookback period of 17 days, and there is no error.
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.