When trying to import a zipped indicator file I get and error saying I have an error in a custom indicator that has to be fixed before I can import a indicator.
How do I find the indicator that is the problem?
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
A custom indicator could either be an open source code indicator that resides in the same folder as your system indicators or could be a compiled .dll in your Custom folder. Follow the instructions in post #4 to find what indicator has the errors.
(1) First identifiy the offending indicators as per post # 4
(2) If the identified trouble maker is an indicator delete it via Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
(3) If the trouble maker is an assembly (compiled indicator) you will need to
(a) if it can be done, remove the offending NinjaScript assembly via File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly
(b) only if (a) does not work:
-> close NinjaTrader
-> remove the files of the offending assembly within the folder My Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom
(to be precise: do not remove any folder, do not remove the files starting with "NinjaTrader", do not remove thefile AssemblyInfo.cs, do not remove the files relating to other assemblies)
-> restart NinjaTrader and remove the references to the assembly
To remove the references go to Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator, open any indicator, right-click somewhere on that indicator and select "References", then delete the reference to the offensive assembly.