The whole error in the code thing needs beefing up as well. Sometimes it points you to a .cs file that's external to the one you're compiling and you have to really think about the error to know that. More intelligent error identification and help would be a major step forward. Recently saw some discussion regarding a conflict with a .cs file with the same name and it didn't state there was already a version that compiled in the indicator list. Think this was in Fat Tails thread with his recent indicator. Once the other file was removed then the wheels began turning again.
1) Right now, we have to wait until the entire run is completed in order to see any results. It'd much better to see the list with new entries added as they come along and have the ability to check them out while GO continues searching in the background.
2) GO should be able to continue searching from where it finished last - instead of starting from scratch.
3) It'd be very good to have the ability to run multiple instances of Strat Analyzer and perform searches, etc on different instruments and strats at the same time. I've noticed that my machine is under-utilized with some searches - so why not have the ability to run additional ones at the same time? Already available in 7 - sorry about that
Last edited by AdvancedIndicators; November 17th, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
The following user says Thank You to AdvancedIndicators for this post:
Ability to open multi-Dataseries charts with the exact same timeframe / DataSeries ! Right now you're forced to pick different timeframes which sounds like a stupid technical limitation.
If your one timeframe chart is too clustered, it is practical to have one 'locked" chart window with 2 identical dataseries rather than 2 separate chart windows with the same dataseries (this can be used to display one long side only strategy on the above panel and only shorts on the below panel, or different indicators if they superimpose too much on one panel)
- keep a cache of the data on the computer and use that for historical purpose (I know there's an option somewhere in there but make it automatic and no need to refresh when i disconnect and reconnect 2 hours later) - I'm really sick of dealing with the popup saying IB maximum feed request for history exceeded.
- make a better popup management system - current system reminds me of the old iphone alerts. you get 10 popups saying "IB maximum feed request exceeded" or something of that sort and you have to click 10 times which is just ridiculous.
Tabbed charts would be awesome (like firefox for charts)
Last edited by blurobot; November 23rd, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
1. Please make the strategy performance tools such as Summary, Trades, Equity curve, etc. able to track live trades only. Currently, if you open a chart with historic data and start a strategy, it includes the theorhetical trades along with live trades! These performance tools to review your live trading would be so helpful, but it is apparently impossible to filter only live trades. I can't think of any useful information gained from mixing live and theorhetical trades. I am very surprised that you cannot apply live trades only OR backtest/theorhetical trades only. Having this info to review your actual trading would be immensely convenient and valuable. Having this info include non-live trades is completely useless!
2. Please add batch downloads to Market Replay. Day by day is torture! Market replay is the only tool we have with NT to legitimately test strategies. Batch would allow us to test more than a few weeks without going insane trying to make sure we didn't skip a day.
3. Luxury item: Your customer support is great! But how about a subscription based live chat tech support service for us impatient traders?