- Higher resolution for timestamps of live & recorded data;
- Higher resolution for decimal values;
- Ability for strategies to subscribe to and receive market data and news feeds;
- Stable strategy analyzer (mine always crashes..);
- Better integration with the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE;
- Ability to use alternate databases (SQL Server) instead of the bundled one;
- Ability to bulk import new instruments;
- API for managing the instruments lists and historical data;
- Ability to create and trade synthetic instruments on-the-fly (for spread trading);
- MAE/MFE expressed in percentage terms;
- Better portfolio backtesting & trading:
* Instead of attaching to one instrument and Add()'ing manually, attach to a portfolio;
* New event that would be raised when new bar received for _all_ instruments of portfolio, not just one;
- Better optimization showing equity curve for all parameters on a single diagram;
- Better feed management (e.g. if instrument unknown by the first feed, use second one);
- Ability to save comprehensive optimizer results to file;
- Easier use of other .net languages (F#).
Ability to transfer the results of a strategy equity curve to a private symbol in the instrument list so that trading indicators can be applied to it. Also the ability to populate data for a private symbol in the instrument list from an external source or manually.
The following user says Thank You to Seahn for this post:
A list of dates and/or times which the strategy analyzer will ignore while doing an optimization. This will allow gross outlier trades (profits or losses) which will significantly skew the optimization results to be removed from the optimization.
Guys - I would love to have a keyboard shortcut --- that we hold and then click on the chart and the indicator would move all the STOPS right there to that price that was clicked!
That would be great.
Same thing with TARGETS.
#1 Move Target or Stop "Here" button
~~ With another keyboard shortcut (*which we can decide later) we hold down that button or button combination and then left click where we want the stop or target.
RULES have to be set up so it doesn't move an order to the incorrect place..
Since stops cannot be moved Above BID/ASK in a LONG and
Since stops cannot be moved Below BID/ASK in a SHORT -- then we have to add those rules into the order management -- very very important.
So that it doesn't automatically close the trade.
IN LONGS -
If we click BELOW the active BID/ASK Spread - then it moves the stop there.
If we click ABOVE BID/ASK SPREAD - then it moves the FIRST TARGET there.
IN SHORTS -
Same thing but opposite ;p
If we click BELOW BID/ASK - then it moves the Target there..
If we click ABOVE BID/ASK - then it moves the Stops there. I think all of them because we should just lock in the profit/risk at once.
IF there is MORE THAN ONE TARGET then I think it should just move the FIRST TARGET. << this could be personal for other people.
"Explode Target" Forward in direction of trend -
One keyboard Shortcut - that when hit will move the trades target forward a User Set number of Ticks or pips from where it is.
>>>In the direction of the trade of course.
It has to be user set -- because some markets would need less of a move like the Bonds... and other markets more like Gold
So if we see the market about to "explode" forward in the direction of the trade we hit that button once (*or twice) and get get far enough to be good.
I know Xplode target forward can be done -- because it has been done by VVHG on the MiniTradePanel beautifully.
Yea.. Do we have news on this already? It has been 3 months more from the December 2013 semi-deadline.
Anyone know if there are any advancements?
I really could care less about the the aesthetic changes like "skins" == who cares about that..?
Don't really care about the DOM changes either - Jigsaw and 9G already make excellent doms also.. .so who cares on that.
What would be truly revolutionary would be:
1. Supreme Market Profile Support ( like Sierra ) ( Maybe a Ninja and Rancho Dinero Collaboration?? )
2. Of course storing Bid/Ask data - which they said it would do YEEaay!
3. AND THEN THE BEST ONE == much better THICK VOLUME BARS - bars that change wider as more volume comes into them == AND THE X-AXIS HAS TO CHANGE AS WELL.
If not the equi-volume bars look all messed up.
It would be awesome also if WE could choose HOW TO INCREASE THE WIDTH OF THE BAR - like CERTAIN NUMBER OF CONTRACTS PER PIXEL so that the bars get thicker or thinner in a pure LINEAR Fashion. Versus Equivolume bars with which change thickness all the time as new higher volume bars come in. It is very very annoying.
I would love a low volume bar to stay 10 pixels thick--- then a very high volume bar to come in and STAY AT 121 pixels if that is how thick it needs to be!
OR EVEN BETTER - What if instead of the bars getting wider == THEY ALSO became kind of 3D ?? Like rectangles popping out of the screen. Very very cool..
that would be awesome.. but I definitely DON'T expect it in NINJA 8.
I do sort of expect a VARIABLE X-AXIS for "equi-volume" charts. That would be great.