My wish for NT8 is to treat Instrument lists more dynamically. For example, if the list is used in Market Analyzer and I change the list contents elsewhere (add/remove instruments) the MA automatically updates. Also I'd like to be able to remove an Instrument List from MA with one click just like the individual instruments. These are just 2 examples.
The following user says Thank You to Sdemarta for this post:
I don't know if this has been mentioned. The ability to display the profit/loss in chart trader based on the Ask for shorts and Bid for longs rather than the last price. This makes it more realistic especially in thin markets with wide spreads.
1. On the chart trader, if a target/stop order exceeds the Y-axis range of the chart, don't scale the chart to include it. If I have a large target, then my charts get squished to show the target and it's not helpful. Thinkorswim handles this well, they show a "ghosted" target that indicates a target/stop that's outside the scope of the current chart. We still have the DOM and other larger time-frame charts to manage targets.
2. The PnL marker in the chart trader is the same length as the stop/target, so when I move my stops to break even, it covers the PnL.
I don't know if these have been mentioned prior.... this is a long thread:
on bracket orders have an option to show risk/reward.....that is on the stop order (red line) show what you potentially will lose if stopped....and on the target order show what you will potential gain if target reached...
this should obviously adjust based on size and last price....
on performance reporting you have to add a discretionary traders column....add a selectable column where the discretionary trader can grade himself based on his own execution...these can be as simple as ABCD....or colored...whatever...need to be able to see differences between when your being a fool and following the rules....without having to export into excel and do complicated index matching vlookups to run your own stats....these should be sortable and summary eligible(totals)...but you should not be able to delete any trades and or executions
should be able to add risk management option with customizable/optional settings....set up max size...max loss for day...shutdown if daily target reached at certain time...if daily/weekly target reached max draw from that point...etc....audible alerts when nearing/hitting thresholds
software should do everything it can to help you get better...
Two requests for NT8 since we still don't know what some of the charting improvements are:
1. One charting feature that is really missed is the ability to print future events such as calendar and cyclical events in the future. For example, if I scroll to November 20, 2013 on time line I see the release of NT8 that I have entered before that date.
2. Add an option to Fibonacci tools to draw just the anchor line with the levels marked on the anchor line in addition to the anchor points. This is really useful in keeping the board clean and actually is functionally useful, such as a horizontal line for the Fib Time Extension (with optional labeling).
I would like to inspect certain places on a chart. For this I create an indicator that plots a marker at these places.
Now it would be useful to have a hotkey (like alt-left/right arrow) to quickly scroll to all occurences of that marker.
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, haven't had time to go through 490 posts right now so...
1) In Strategy Analyzer, the sorting by the Parameters column is pretty useless. If I do an optimization of just one of the parameters in the strategy like
So my param values in the optimization will be
When the optimization completes I want to see results in order of optimization values. However, the sort on the Parameters column just takes all of the parameters and builds a string, and does a string sort so a descending order sort comes out
because a "1" is before "8" and "9" and a "." is before the "/" that separates the other parameter values.
This makes it very hard to determine if I am getting a cluster of good results around a certain parameter setting.