CL is a floor traded instrument. Pivots work best, if you set them to RTH. With the setting "Custom", which shows on the indicator dialogue box, this would be achieved.
However, no pivot indicator will work with a session template 24/7. This session template is basically nonsense, as there are no instruments - not a single one! - which have trading hours from midnight EST to midnight EST.
All my session indicators catch the session times from the templates. If you do not use session templates none of them will work correctly. The required session template for each instrument is different, for each instrument you need to look up the trading hours - official hours of the trading day as also used for margin requirements and clearing - and then enter that session template and select it under instrument settings. From then on you will open all you charts with instrument settings and you are done.
On your chart, the indicator tries to calculate the pivots for the second intraday session, although a second intraday session does not exist. The prior week low on your chart is the ETH low. As there is no RTH session on your chart, the indicator cannot retrieve the RTH low.
If you post a chart again, please make sure that all prior week high, low and close are visible for comparison.
Last edited by Fat Tails; September 22nd, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65, Metastock, TOS, NT
Favorite Futures: Futures
Posts: 3,424 since Aug 2010
Thanks: 1,052 given,
Forum Reputation: Legendary
Thank a bunch Fat Tails. I actually use the "custom" session for the Pivots and the NT default instrument settings on my charts, however, I need to go back and check the custom session templates to make sure they are correctly set for my time zone (Pacific).