Is there a bar value indicator available for NT? I know Indicator Warehouse has one but was wondering if anyone has developed one here. I trade the ES and would like to know tick size and value of the bar as it's forming. Thanks in advance, jwhtrades
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually looking at an indicator, like the bar time counter, that would provide the $value of the forming bar. Of course I can just take the crosshairs and estimate the size of the bar from wick to wick but it would be nice to have an real time visual indication of the $value of the bar. I try and not trade large bars because of my method of scalping and stop sets upon entry. As the bar forms the indicator would express the value of the bar. This would mean an indicator setup that would allow the entry of the type of contract, i.e. ES and the tick size, $12.50 per tick. Hope that makes more sense. Indicator Warehouse certainly has their indicator for $147 and that is an alternative but I was thinking this might be a candidate for Big Mike's Forum development. Lot's of creative people here that could create such an indicator.
Thanks, it makes sense. I was actually looking for something a bit more elegant like the Felton Bar Counter which provides the time remaining on the bar. I think this will work though and thanks for taking the time to reply.
I looked at using the ATR 1 as suggested but it's the last bar not forming bar. As I indicated in last reply I would like something like the bar counter that provides the remaining time of the forming bar but that would provide the $ value of the forming bar based on the market, i.e. ES, NQ, TF, etc.