Best Renko Bar? - better vs median vs sbs vs wicked - NinjaTrader | futures io social day trading
futures io futures trading


Best Renko Bar? - better vs median vs sbs vs wicked
Updated: Views / Replies:80,056 / 203
Created: by rpm123 Attachments:46

Welcome to futures io.

(If you already have an account, login at the top of the page)

futures io is the largest futures trading community on the planet, with over 90,000 members. At futures io, our goal has always been and always will be to create a friendly, positive, forward-thinking community where members can openly share and discuss everything the world of trading has to offer. The community is one of the friendliest you will find on any subject, with members going out of their way to help others. Some of the primary differences between futures io and other trading sites revolve around the standards of our community. Those standards include a code of conduct for our members, as well as extremely high standards that govern which partners we do business with, and which products or services we recommend to our members.

At futures io, our focus is on quality education. No hype, gimmicks, or secret sauce. The truth is: trading is hard. To succeed, you need to surround yourself with the right support system, educational content, and trading mentors Ė all of which you can find on futures io, utilizing our social trading environment.

With futures io, you can find honest trading reviews on brokers, trading rooms, indicator packages, trading strategies, and much more. Our trading review process is highly moderated to ensure that only genuine users are allowed, so you donít need to worry about fake reviews.

We are fundamentally different than most other trading sites:
  • We are here to help. Just let us know what you need.
  • We work extremely hard to keep things positive in our community.
  • We do not tolerate rude behavior, trolling, or vendors advertising in posts.
  • We firmly believe in and encourage sharing. The holy grail is within you, we can help you find it.
  • We expect our members to participate and become a part of the community. Help yourself by helping others.

You'll need to register in order to view the content of the threads and start contributing to our community.  It's free and simple.

-- Big Mike, Site Administrator

Reply
 46  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 

Best Renko Bar? - better vs median vs sbs vs wicked

  #121 (permalink)
Membership Temporarily Revoked
siam, west coast andaman sea
 
Futures Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: gc, cl, tf, 6e
 
nakachalet's Avatar
 
Posts: 512 since Aug 2011
Thanks: 559 given, 200 received


andrewtrader View Post
show me trend following system (ruleset) that has more than 40% wining percentage (I mean, seriously). That's about average. Because this simply reflect the fact, that markets are trending about 40% of the time. This way money is made on those big long winners that cover many small loosers. The only thing you can do is to filter out some false positives and calculate high probability entries.

In spitfire renko case mentioned - you cannot trade that way, simply because your stops will get busted with regular renko. Unless you use calculated exits and not hard stops on exchange side. Regular renko gives incredible profitability to almost any strategy, but covers highs and lows that make difference. While such trending systems still can be profitable I think they are becoming more or less obsolete in Today's sketchy markets and requires more sophisticated logic and analysis.

i believe what you stated is generally accurate for those occasionally profitable traders. however, for those groups of traders who are leaning toward almost always profitable, their trading setups and strategies are, i believe, quite different from general traders or wannabe.

for one, most of these groups would only trade their own setups and strategies, specifically, when their setups show up, they are not hesitant to pull the triggers each and every time. the rationale behind their seemingly unrationale behavior is, if and when that trade is going into faulty mode, they would not hesitate to get out, giving away only 2 or 3 or even 4 tics for each lot.

however, if the trade does go their way which is most often true, most likely in the neighborhood of 60%+, most would tender their first lot just as soon as the volume diminishes, but still hold on to the rest of the 2nd or 3rd lot which will be methodologically and sequentially liquidated at different stages meeting the criteria of their own money management setup.

andrewtrader, personally now, i would not even consider looking at any of my own experimental modules that generates anything less than 60% profitability, percentage wise. probability speaking, 50-50 is considered randomization as in the case of tossing a head/tail coin and anything less such as 40% you mentioned, is absolutely not acceptable for those trading for a living, speaking from personal knowledge and limited experiences, of course.

my rationale is, great amount of time has been expanded, experimented with and tested out in sim and real time, before any one setup can be concluded as profitable. and by then, whatever setup it is, it will be much better than 50-50 for sure; again, personally speaking with limited experiences.

am sure others if and when they can spare a few moment, they would have their own success stories to tell as well. however, believe me, most would just rather roam among their own familiarities than talking or expounding with others. the present companies on the forum are a rare exception, they give their time, their discoveries and results of their sweat and toil to practically everyone who wants it.

my utmost esteem, respect and adulation to everyone giving selflessly and unselfishly to help other traders.... may you live long and happy and filled and overwhelmed with every humanly comfort.




2011-10 not a holygrail - nakachalet's library

Reply With Quote
 
  #122 (permalink)
Membership Temporarily Revoked
siam, west coast andaman sea
 
Futures Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: gc, cl, tf, 6e
 
nakachalet's Avatar
 
Posts: 512 since Aug 2011
Thanks: 559 given, 200 received


nakachalet View Post
i believe what you stated is generally accurate for those occasionally profitable traders. however, for those groups of traders who are leaning toward almost always profitable, their trading setups and strategies are, i believe, quite different from general traders or wannabe.

for one, most of these groups would only trade their own setups and strategies, specifically, when their setups show up, they are not hesitant to pull the triggers each and every time. the rationale behind their seemingly unrationale behavior is, if and when that trade is going into faulty mode, they would not hesitate to get out, giving away only 2 or 3 or even 4 tics for each lot.

however, if the trade does go their way which is most often true, most likely in the neighborhood of 60%+, most would tender their first lot just as soon as the volume diminishes, but still hold on to the rest of the 2nd or 3rd lot which will be methodologically and sequentially liquidated at different stages meeting the criteria of their own money management setup.

andrewtrader, personally now, i would not even consider looking at any of my own experimental modules that generates anything less than 60% profitability, percentage wise. probability speaking, 50-50 is considered randomization as in the case of tossing a head/tail coin and anything less such as 40% you mentioned, is absolutely not acceptable for those trading for a living, speaking from personal knowledge and limited experiences, of course.

my rationale is, great amount of time has been expanded, experimented with and tested out in sim and real time, before any one setup can be concluded as profitable. and by then, whatever setup it is, it will be much better than 50-50 for sure; again, personally speaking with limited experiences.

am sure others if and when they can spare a few moment, they would have their own success stories to tell as well. however, believe me, most would just rather roam among their own familiarities than talking or expounding with others. the present companies on the forum are a rare exception, they give their time, their discoveries and results of their sweat and toil to practically everyone who wants it.

my utmost esteem, respect and adulation to everyone giving selflessly and unselfishly to help other traders.... may you live long and happy and filled and overwhelmed with every humanly comfort.




2011-10 not a holygrail - nakachalet's library

thx to big mike recommendation on using jing

2011-10 not a holygrail 002 - nakachalet's library

Reply With Quote
 
  #123 (permalink)
Elite Member
Madison, WI
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts, ALT
Favorite Futures: ES
 
aslan's Avatar
 
Posts: 614 since Jan 2010
Thanks: 342 given, 1,077 received



woodie View Post
Yes i talked to roonius and told him as well as Big Mike that i would give him reconigtion. which i did for my only public presentation. it was ok'd by him...yes cci was develop by Don Lambert and i never said it was not In fact Don spoke at many of my seminars and gave me all his work he done on CCI...however the way the CCI was traded was totally different then the lambert way..i also added the turbo 6 cci which many people renamed different names including some on this board. there are posts here that are copies of my work and renamed but i never said a word even tho some are copyrighted infringments. i think mike has done a great job here and no reason for petty things. i have always given credit to others work as much as i want credit for my work...there are some who are jealous at what we do and no matter what i do they will try to knock us down...including one who spread all over the internet that we did this etc and all because i threw him out of the room, it turned out he bilked many traders for more than 21 million dollars and is in fed prison for the next 26 years. for 11 years my room was free for all until we found 3 people selling my cci system by changing the name of the patterns...hell my free cci document which is free on my web site was sold on ebay for $25 dollars...i could on and on..best of trading to you all

woodie

Nice job throwing Dennis under the bus when he can not defend himself. He did some bad things and is now paying the price, but I know he had a lot of info that showed you are not who you say you are. Anyone that believes this guy is above board will eventually realize they are wasting their time.

Reply With Quote
 
  #124 (permalink)
Membership Temporarily Revoked
siam, west coast andaman sea
 
Futures Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: gc, cl, tf, 6e
 
nakachalet's Avatar
 
Posts: 512 since Aug 2011
Thanks: 559 given, 200 received

an old pitiful old man who refuses to trade live one contract


aslan View Post
Nice job throwing Dennis under the bus when he can not defend himself. He did some bad things and is now paying the price, but I know he had a lot of info that showed you are not who you say you are. Anyone that believes this guy is above board will eventually realize they are wasting their time.

just wondering if we are speaking of the same entity....?

are you referring to the one and only pitiful old man who refuses to trade live--even on one contract in his own trading room that charges 99 usd fees, plus an additional 200 usd for using his or should i say--MR. A's TRULY'S CHART; if any student wishes to have the chart on own screen....?

and to further advise our family members who might unbeknowningly venture into his sphere of radiation, may i pls post some info from one of his former fees paid student....?

are we talking about the same entity here, you think? Not that it materially matters for me nor you.

Attached Thumbnails
Best Renko Bar? - better vs median vs sbs vs wicked-former-student-who-just-quits.png  
Reply With Quote
 
  #125 (permalink)
Elite Member
Madison, WI
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts, ALT
Favorite Futures: ES
 
aslan's Avatar
 
Posts: 614 since Jan 2010
Thanks: 342 given, 1,077 received


nakachalet View Post

aslan View Post
Nice job throwing Dennis under the bus when he can not defend himself. He did some bad things and is now paying the price, but I know he had a lot of info that showed you are not who you say you are. Anyone that believes this guy is above board will eventually realize they are wasting their time.

just wondering if we are speaking of the same entity....?

are you referring to the one and only pitiful old man who refuses to trade live--even on one contract in his own trading room that charges 99 usd fees, plus an additional 200 usd for using his or should i say--MR. A's TRULY'S CHART; if any student wishes to have the chart on own screen....?

and to further advise our family members who might unbeknowningly venture into his sphere of radiation, may i pls post some info from one of his former fees paid student....?

are we talking about the same entity here, you think? Not that it materially matters for me nor you.

I think not, I was pointing out that Woodie is not who he claims to be. Dennis Bolze was very active trying to expose him, and it is rather ironic that he is the one in jail. I am sure Woodie is very happy that one of his biggest critics is not around anymore.

Reply With Quote
 
  #126 (permalink)
Elite Member
Greensboro NC
 
Futures Experience: None
Platform: TOS/ NT Dorman
Favorite Futures: ES TF CL
 
Rad4633's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,352 since Sep 2011
Thanks: 2,651 given, 886 received


aslan View Post
I think not, I was pointing out that Woodie is not who he claims to be. Dennis Bolze was very active trying to expose him, and it is rather ironic that he is the one in jail. I am sure Woodie is very happy that one of his biggest critics is not around anymore.

Hi Aslan,

I was wondering your thoughts on the best way to detect a reversal using the better renko?maybe another oscillator etc? BC as you know if you wait on the reversal bar to show using a 4 or 5 betterrenko you lose alot of your profits. Thoughts?

Thx In Advance
Richard

Reply With Quote
 
  #127 (permalink)
Elite Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida. USA
 
Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker/Data: CQG
Favorite Futures: YM,CL
 
rainbowchaser's Avatar
 
Posts: 136 since Mar 2011
Thanks: 448 given, 60 received

THE MISING LINK..



Hi Cory and guys, that link is no longer available. Does someone has a copy that may be posted ?
Regards.

Reply With Quote
 
  #128 (permalink)
Elite Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida. USA
 
Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker/Data: CQG
Favorite Futures: YM,CL
 
rainbowchaser's Avatar
 
Posts: 136 since Mar 2011
Thanks: 448 given, 60 received

CCI with colors from TMFT


2010 View Post
Hi, would anybody happen to have the download for the CCI colored background for NT7.07. Thanks you guys are very helpful.

Maybe this is what you are looking for. futures.io (formerly BMT) elite section Downloads.
https://futures.io/download/vip_elite_circle/781-download.html?view

Reply With Quote
 
  #129 (permalink)
Market Wizard
virginia
 
Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: ES
 
cory's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,220 since Jun 2009
Thanks: 628 given, 6,318 received
Forum Reputation: Legendary


rainbowchaser View Post
Hi Cory and guys, that link is no longer available. Does someone has a copy that may be posted ?
Regards.

try this Daily_recap_YM9.13.11 - t2university's library

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to cory for this post:
 
  #130 (permalink)
Elite Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida. USA
 
Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker/Data: CQG
Favorite Futures: YM,CL
 
rainbowchaser's Avatar
 
Posts: 136 since Mar 2011
Thanks: 448 given, 60 received

link


Thanks Cory. what is a MADA practioner?

Reply With Quote

Reply



futures io > > > > Best Renko Bar? - better vs median vs sbs vs wicked

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Upcoming Webinars and Events (4:30PM ET unless noted)

Jigsaw Trading: TBA

Elite only

FuturesTrader71: TBA

Elite only

NinjaTrader: TBA

Jan 18

RandBots: TBA

Jan 23

GFF Brokers & CME Group: Futures & Bitcoin

Elite only

Adam Grimes: TBA

Elite only

Ran Aroussi: TBA

Elite only
     

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SBS-RENKO Warren B. NinjaTrader 5 February 14th, 2013 06:32 PM
Wicked Renko custom bar type for NT7 aslan NinjaTrader Programming 25 March 10th, 2012 11:13 AM
how to load Median renko and LineBreakwicked type bar kieuthu59 NinjaTrader 8 April 11th, 2011 03:56 PM
Median Renko bar masoud Traders Hideout 2 January 1st, 2011 09:32 PM
SBS Renko +PaintBar Warren B. NinjaTrader Programming 4 January 8th, 2010 01:39 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Copyright © 2017 by futures io, s.a., Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama, +507 833-9432, info@futures.io
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice.
There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
no new posts
Page generated 2017-12-16 in 0.17 seconds with 40 queries on phoenix via your IP 54.227.51.103