Applying the Murray Math (MM) indicator to an 8 & higher RangeNoGap chart the indicator (MM lines) appears, but when the range is changed to 7 RangeNoGap or lower the MM lines disappear (MM still appears in the indicator dialog and settings can be manipulated) . The instrument is CL 08-11 and both charts load 10 days or more of prior data. Any thoughts on why the MM lines do not appear on 7 range or below charts?
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
Thanks for the response Silvester 17. As you suggested I changed the indicator to Auto scale, and the MM lines did appear for the July 8th data set, but the results were not as expected. The entire range for the day of the MM lines on the 6 range chart was 99.41 to 98.24 giving a MM line range of 1.17. While the MM lines range using the same indicator settings on the 10Range chart was 100.82 to 96 giving a MM line range of 4.82.
When I changed the 6R chart for July 8th to calculate MM lines hourly the MM line range did change to 97.07 extreme + to 95.90 extreme - giving an MM line range of the same 1.17 (same range as before but at differing extremes).
I will be doing more homework on how the MM lines are calculated, understanding that the MM lines are derived from a percentage / fraction of price range (daily in this case), I need to understand why the MM line range (extremes) of the 6 r chat is much smaller than the 10 R chart range, since both charts are tracking the same price and time. A re-read of the posts on futures.io (formerly BMT) dealing with the MM lines is in order for me. Note that in this response I refer to 6R and 10R charts as opposed to 7R and 8R charts in the original question. This is because I use the 6R and 10 R charts in my system.