Please show me the forum post or provide a ticket # where we stated the above. If what you wrote verbatim is what someone on my team said, I can assure you this is not inline with how we train them and they will be reprimanded. If what you wrote is paraphrasing what we said then I will of course read what we wrote to understand what was said vs what you intepreted.
I am glad you resolved it. For anyone who has the same problem, the symptom of missing indicators is a result of a RemoteSoft protected assembly. In lamens terms, a 3rd party indicator/strategy that usually from a commercial vendor that is meant for NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.2 or earlier.
If you have a regular copy of a commercial indicator, the author should be able to provide you with an update. The software needed to produce the update is simple to use and free of charge for the commercial vendor. The update can be produced in a few minutes.
You will need to upgrade anyhow, because otherwise you can not trade futures via CME in June.
There is no reason to stay with NT 7.1000.2.
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
From what I read, we are very helpful and straighforward and willing to work with you on this issue. Our product manager clearly stated that we are interested in finding out what the problem is and pointed out facts including our extensive testing over the past several weeks to reproduce similar situation to no avail. As he also pointed out, no one has doubted your experience and we have provided clear instructions (at your discretion) to help us establish a clean base from which we can help build upon to reproduce. Your account of what transpired IMO does not reflect the progression of events. The facts are provided in the posts to help set your expectations of the difficulty we have had ourselves in trying to reproduce the issue and without more data from other users (which we have none) trying to triangulate on the issue is outright difficult. You state that our response is abrasive and I don't see that at all. In fact, some of your posts are cynical and maybe mildly abrasive and my guy has responded in a politically correct manner.
1. I believe the highlights below back up what I wrote
2. The 10,00 number I got from you.
3. He later posted that indicators I wrote in Ninja Script constituted "Third Party Programs" and were the problem, even though I have had this problem on charts with NO indicators and he has never looked at the code of my indicators.
4. I now know where your employees get their attitude.
5. Did it ever occur to anyone at your company to simply say, "we don't know " ?
6. If you will excuse me, I have to spend the evening deleting your software off my computer and downloading a "Clean" install ... again.
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Denver, CO
I've been running this on a spare machine for the past 3 weeks, 24 hours a day, and never ran into an issue once. Today I experienced no issues either. Was there anything being done before experiencing this today? Please try to recollect every action taken leading up to it in as much detail as possible. Unfortunately you are the only report of this and all I can suggest at this point in time is for you to try a 100% clean reinstall without installing any 3rd party components and see if you still run into the issue. I realize this means you can't look at any of your indicators and such, but this is an important step to be able to nail down what is happening and eliminate all 3rd party components as potential factors. Please don't put them on different charts or better yet, please don't even install them at this point in time.
Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
NOTE: You will lose ALL settings, custom files, data, etc. Please back them up beforehand if you wish to preserve them.
Close all running applications.
Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
Reboot your machine.
Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.
My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Ninja Trader if you would stop being so defensive for a minute you might be able to see the problem from our side:
(1) The reason communication stopped between me and support is that your guys quit answering my emails. That's the reason I had to go elsewhere for a solution and ended up here on Big Mike's. Thankfully I finally got some help.
(2) Everybody involved was focused solely on the issue of 3rd party indicators...a classic example of not seeing the forest for the trees. My problem was WAY bigger than getting a couple of my old indicators to work in NT 7. I couldn't get NT 7 to recognize it's OWN standard indicators that come bundled in the program!!! Never mind getting them to work...they weren't even listed.
(3) Fat Tails I'm sure what you say about being separate programs with separate folders is absolutely correct. All I know is that I tried to install NT7 3 different times and I was dead in the water until I deleted 6.5 completely.
Anyway, all is well. Thanks and good nite.
The following user says Thank You to turkmay for this post:
Ninja Indicators are listed in alphabetical order.
If you have a 3rd party indicator that is causing a major issue, then all Ninja indicators that follow that indicator in alphabetical order will not appear. The 3rd party indicator IS the cause.
My offer is still there - compile any indicator, put the errors up here & we'll see if we can get you past it. Compiling one indicator will compile them all and the error messages generated should point to the issue.