on the attachment I have 2 problems...
1. on NT ist said "buy to cover" and "close position"??? isn't buy to cover==close position?
2. it said that it closed the position but you can see on TWS that the position is still open. it just opend a further buy position and didnt close the sell position.
does anyone has any information what to do about this? it said on NT something else then TWS showed.
1. enter sell position (is ok)
2. buy to cover
3. close position (why does it do that? isnt buy to cover already a close position? and why doesnt TWS (IB) take that order?)
4. enter buy position (is ok...)
EDIT: ok just talked to IB and I cant be long and short at the same time so my buy order did close the sell position and didnt open a new position. the position 3 opened a long position and the position 4 opened a second buy position. that is something i dont understand why NT exits a position twice. this is NOT in the code.
Last edited by siscop; September 14th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
my problem is:
1. opened short position -> 0-100k= -100k //OK
2. buy to cover -> -100k+100k=0 //OK
3. close position -> 0+100k=100k // why does NT closes a position zwice? THAT is my problem...
4. open buy position -> 100k+100k=200k // I wanted only 100k
my problem is that NT closes the position 2x so opens and opens a position on the other side in addition to the position 4 which opens the other side.