yes, the trace file showed a lot of errors. So I removed all custom indicators from the folder (didnīt know it were that much ).
Then I only imported the ninjascript files which I really need for my main chart templates. Looks like everything is ok now, no error messages although I did not replace anything in the codes.
getting tired on ninja changes. just downloaded nt7.21 and all my custom indicators are gone. unfortunately for me i did not keep a screen shot of my settings and indicators on the charts.i may have to think about using a different trading platform.
The following user says Thank You to HOBBIT^33^ for this post:
(1) Usually the indicators are not gone, but still sitting in the directory Own Documents -> NinjaTrader 7-> bin -> Custom -> Indicator . They are only gone, if you deleted this folder. If you did delete it, for sure they are gone. But you could try to undo the deleting via Windows Restore.
(2) Also, if you have made a backup via File -> Utilities -> Backup - which NinjaTrader regularly asks you to do - , you can reinstall all of them.
(3) If you have not manually deleted your indicators, try to edit one indicator (any one of them) and then press F5 to compile. If your indicators are still sitting in the original directory, they should compile and can be used afterwards.
(4) If you had installed Ninjascript Assemblies (compiled third party tools), they are gone with a new install. You need to reinstall them again.
(5) It is also possible that you simly need to reload your workspace.
So there is nothing wrong about NinjaTrader. I am afraid that this looks more like a user error. Also note that NT7 is still a Beta. This means that you have to expect some code breaking changes and modifications.
Last edited by Fat Tails; September 12th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
Just upgraded to NT7V-latest yesterday from NT6.5
some of my custom indicators are not appearing in the menu either. One I'm looking for atm is jt_econews_2 which apparently works in V7 ok.
It is in the correct folder along with some of the other standard and custom indicators I had in V6.5
I have recompiled the indicators
Some custom indicators such as Big Mikes CollectiveMA works ok in V7 and are in the same folder of course.
I'm not getting an error log when I compile, so i don't think there is anything corrupting the indicators.
I've even tried and deleted it from the folder and reimported it successfully
Still does not appear
so not sure what the problem is?
Last edited by grego; November 29th, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
Reason: added wording
The jt-econews is a really weird indicator, because it installs a custom assembly. It is obvious that for a new install NT cannot allow custom assemblies to be installed, because this would include the risk that the NT installation is corrupted right from the start.
Delete everything related to jt_econonews_2 and try to reinstall it. This is really a special case. Also you may need to remove the old assembly manually, if it still there. I personally have had lots of trouble with this indicator, my last trouble is documented here ( a NinjaTrader bug that prevented me to uninstall that assembly)
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following user says Thank You to Big Mike for this post: