Just finished careful backtesting of what was supposed to be another promising system. Very frustrating results...another system bites the dust. Can I scream now?!? Anyways, I have been watching this thread to some degree for little while, and this post caught my eye. Glenn, or ANYONE with much time into this Perry's System, do you have any results you could share? How long trading it? Realistic sim (i.e. NT7 seems realistic to me, Tradestation sim does not), or live? Win/Loss %? Other stats? of course trying to judge consistent profitability IF carefully and diligently followed. THANKS A MILLION for your responses, gh GregoryHohman@gmail.com (hope I did not break a rule putting my email here, sorry if so).
What is the d9.NinjaScript.Utility.cs ? Do I put it in the indicator folder with the other indicators? I don't have that in my list of indicators at all and never saw it mentioned in the earlier posts, as far as I can remember.
What subject are you talking about? Sorry, but I am lost in space. I also have no idea what that UMA is or where to find it. Are you sure it is an indicator? I think it is part of the code generated by the wizard but I don't know the language so I don't know what it is. I do think that is where the problem is coming from, though.
Thanks for the indicator. I can now compile the strategy. However, once I start to run the strategy I get nothing. Seems like it is not doing anythng. Do I have to run it on a particular chart type (range bar, renko, etc...)?
I would appreciate any help I can get...
Sorry Susan for the caused confusion. Please disregard my earlier post re d9 since NJ Customer Service confirmed we should be looking for a UMA Utility code (normally named as UMAUtility indicator or something like that and should be stored in the Indicator folder). As of this moment, I cannot locate the code in question. Hoping the strategy in zip will do the trick.
According to your private message, you got an error message when trying to import the strategy. You checked the indicators and no problemed ones. How about strategies? Please edit a strategy (any one of them) and compile. Hopefully it will tell you which strategy or strategies to be removed from the folder before Import again.
I don't have any other strategies except the standard ones that NT includes. Do you have any indicator in your list that says UMAUtility? If not, then it is probably not an indicator. Since the strategy compiles and runs for you, I must be missing that UMA Utility code - whatever that is. Do you have any idea where I can access it?
1. I checked the JeffsMA indicators (both original and v1) and both zip files have only 1 indicator, ie no UMA Utility code.
2. I checked the Indicator and Strategy folders (in my main trading station and laptop which I imported the strategy zip file successfully yesterday). Again no UMA Utility code.
3. Missing the code has caused the earlier F5 compiling issue.
4. The current NinjaScript Import error (IMHO) must be triggered by the recent indicator/strategy compiling attempts.
That's what I recommend:
1) Go to the Indicator and Strategy folders. Click on "Date Modified" so that you will be able to verify what were added recently say this week or for the past 2 weeks. Then relocate the new comers in a temp folder.
2) After Item 1), log out NJ. You may even re-start the computer.
3) Sign back in and try to import the strategy (zip) again. Hopefully it will work.
4) If the above 1)-3) does not work, please create a post and seeking those (eg Keep and Mike) sharing how they import/compile the strategy successfully.
I "may" have found the fix for the UMAUtility myth. I simply added the following to Using declarations:
Please remove the problemed strategy/strategies from the Strategy folder before compiling the enclosed version.
Note to Emini: Based the error message you posted, seemed to me that you're missing the EMA_Colors indicator which was in the zip file. Please go through the Indicator folder and make sure you have the same.