I understand...I didn't see you as criticizing at all.
I see...the highest bar IS the trigger bar. So, the line is in the corrrect place.
indicators in nt6.5 cannot be multitimeframe. can do that in nt7 but not so sure I want to do that. I really don't want to take this too far. Seems that it would be pretty easy to have both charts up with the DMPlusSignals indicator on both. that really should be sufficient I would think.
nice action here, i like that kind of projects !
also i love the Perry-style - allthough i didnt trade it - lol
i am more an observer of such systems cause i like such sets of exact rules + the challenge to work with codes on it.
so thanks for the great input here mike ! realy very nice coding !
2 things from my side here + now :
if you try to look at the charts if the conditions are hit, especialy the "touch the EMA5"-condition,
- for the visual check so to speak - its very helpful to set the EMA5 to hashmarks instead of a line.
that gives you (visualy) the exact values of the EMA on each single Bar even if its not a different "number" because of the roundings.
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).
try it out !
and another thing for ghman101:
at picture No1 it may be the missing Force-long-condition
and in picture No2 maybe a "not touching EMA5"
at the bars you think it should be a trigger bar / you miss the lines.
i cant look at it very exactly because thats difficult on those pictures, but you can check it again on your charts.
maybe thats the points here.
again, thanks to mike for the nice codes!
they are a perfect example of how to code + combine condition-sets in indicators
+ how to code clean + clear with descriptions & explainations in it
i really lovin' it
The following 2 users say Thank You to max-td for this post:
Hey, good idea, I changed to hash and will keep it. But as to signals showing late...again I may be wrong or missing something, so let me know if you see different, but here is a purported late signal using the EMA 5 hash marks. TechSmith | Screencast.com, online video sharing, 2010-10-19_1559 I apologize in advance if I've screwed up on the rules or reading it correctly.
I have few questions to ask you regarding indicator DMPlusSignals_v3. The attached chart was generated with NT 6.5.
1. The bar is 2nd falling bar; yet, no signal. The readings (1188.79 - two bars before bar 1; 1188.78 - one bar before bar 1) of EMA5 can prove my observation. I’m wondering if there‘s rounding issue here?
2. This bar meets rule of Method 2, Short; but, no signal fired.
5. The bar is 2nd rising bar; yet, no signal. The readings (1186.89 - two bars before bar 1; 1186.92 -one bar before bar 5) of EMA5 can prove my observation. Is there rounding issue here again?
6. Although it is in End Trend zone, it is Setup bar for Method 1, Long, no signal found.
The six cases stated above happen daily; and, I’m not capable of solving the problem. I present them here are mainly for discussion; and, they may be helpful for your further improving the indicator. It is possible that I misunderstand Perry’s rules. However I appreciate your hard work. TIA!
The following user says Thank You to fusion for this post: