Hi I need some help with coding an indicator (I know nothing about programming)
but what I need is really simple:
I need the indicator that paint a bar on each candlestick bar that has a body (difference between Open and Close) larger than the bodies of each of the prior three bars (each bar individually compared to the big body bar).
I have coded something like that. For some reason it is not yet available in the downloads. Maybe I have simply forgotten to post it.
It detects the following bar types:
- WB7 = wide body bar with a body that is the largest of the last 7 bars (larger than the preceding 6 bars)
- ENG7 = wide body bar WB7 that engulfs the prior bar
- ENG4 = wide body bar WB4 that engulfs the prior bar
- NB7 = narrow body bar with a body that is the smallest of the last 7 bar (smaller than the preceding 6 bars)
- IB7 = narrow body bar NB7 which is an inside body bar
- IB4 = narrow body bar NB4 which is an inside body bar
- DI4 = narrow body bar NB4 which is a double inside body bar (two consecutive inside body bars)
The parameters of the indicator (4,7,4,7) can be changed.
What you look for is a simple WB4 bar.
Attached is a sample chart.
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).