Hellow everyone. I need help, because I was scammed and lied by a Certified Ninja Trader Consultant and donīt know what to do. I asked the support for help, but they did nothing. Istarted a thread today in Ninja Trader forums, but they deleted it ... I am so dissapointed from the firm and I just can not believe that this is happening!
Here is the story in a few steps:
1. I asked the programer(Tyler Moore) from mooretechllc.com for a quote and we agreed to proceed. He promised me a money back guarantee if the script doesnt work as described.
2. The strategy quote was 730$. I payed on Monday(05.05.2012) 50% in advance.
3. I didnīt get an e-mail from him, so I asked when should I expect results. He said on Wednesday(05.07) and so it happened. So far, so good.
4. I tested the script, but it had a bug in it and some other fixes should be made and I gave him a feedback. He send me 1 or two versions after that, and the version he send me on Friday(05.09) was ok. I was very excited that my strategy was becoming reality and send him an e-mail congratulating him about his job, because I believed he will do everything as described.
We agreed to add some more functions, so the remaining part of the 1st version + modifications were equal to 600$ and I send him the money in advance, so he could see that I am serious about the project.
It is important to point out, that I wasnīt due to pay him the whole sum. I did it from a good will!
5. On the weekend I tested the strategy and the same bug happened again. Not only that, but my friend who shared the costs with me, found that the strategy causes huge overfill, when different number of contracts is used, something that I didnt experienced before, because I made only a few tests.
6. On Monday, I send him an e-mail about the bugs. He didnt say anything about the overfill and gave me the script with the modifications. Since this version, we exchanged a few versions, because everytime, something wasnīt working properly and the most important is that the bugs from the version from the past friday were still there, unfixed.
7. On wednesday, after he send me a script which should be fixed, I got absolutely mad. He have made changes, without even running the script to see if it works. The script was making overfill with thousands of orders, everytime I use an order. Now this was super annoying and I told him to finish the script or to giveback my money, I can not wait because I have to trade!
8. He answered me with an e-mail that I realy disliked and I contacted with Ninja Trader Support and because I did so, he said he doesnīt want to work with me anymore and he will refund me only a part of the money, which I have paid for the modifications which were made after the Friday, because I have been satisfied with this version. Well I was satisfied, but after testing it we found bugs which he has to fix, it is in his obligation, but he refuses to do so!
Now I have a script that I have paid for, which doesnt work, bu Tyler doesnt give me back my money, nor he is willing to fix it ..
I realy donīt know how such a dishonest person exists in the certified consultants list and how it is possible to keep working !!!
I would like to know, where I can complain about Tyler Moore. There has to be an institution for customer protection. It is in my rights to receive a product which he promised, or my money!
Hopefully you used a credit card. If it was me I would dispute it with credit company and have them charge it back. Most likely you will get your money back as credit card company will lean to you. Also to many charge backs can really hurt a merchant so typically merchants hate them.
"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."
It is not about the money! It is about honesty! He said loud that he will do it and gave me a money back guarantee, but the reality is that he didn't do the script nor he gave me back my money! I could use this money and pay to another programer who can do the job ..
Well, using this version is very tricky, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt and when it doesn't, I can lose money .. this is the problem. Not to mention, that it is possible to crash, and when it crashes, it starts sending market orders without stoping, which means margin call ..
Depending upon your country and the country of the vendor, you can use the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. If you live in the US you can file a suit in Small Claims Court or you could send a 30 day demand letter depending upon what state you living in.
Just depends upon how much of your time, effort and money you think it is worth to pursue.
To me it isn't clear what Certified means. It doesn't sound like they recommend this vendor, but they are certified. This might be a simple process of filling out paper work and/or passing a competency test on the NT7 platform.
You may want to ask NT what it takes to be certified?
Unfortunately, Strategies are only as good as the requirements stated and there is a good shoot something was not stated. I get asked by people all the time if they can hire me to write their strategy, I refuse as there is a good chance they will not be happy with the result.
I have worked with people if I think they have a good and unique approach for free (partners if you will), but really don't feel people new to autotrading should be contracting services to write a strategy unless they can provide documented rules and charts where the strategy is manually run (paper & pencil) and the coder agrees and guarantees the result. Otherwise, keep your expectations low, that they will be multiple iterations.
I know this is painful experience for you, but thank you for sharing as it may help others think twice about hiring a consultant for Strategy development. Although it probably already exists on futures.io (formerly BMT), having an Indicator customized or written is probably less risky.