Need help for a very simple script for Ninja Trader
I would like to know if you can help me with a very simple indicator I want in NinjaTrader.
If current bar closes bearish and previous bar closes bullish then plot a red dot above current bar. If current bar closes bullish and previous bar closes bearish then plot a green dot below current bar.
It is very simple to explain it but I'm getting mad to do it...
as described in the documentation you have to use a unique identifier for the "tag" otherwise the object will be moved to the new location.
mostly you use something like "mydots"+CurrentBar to make the occurence unique.
I trade a 3min chart. I'd like to have an alarm go off when stochs closes above 50 AND above a designated price. Needs to be on bar close. Ninja has a standard "price alert" indy and I can set an alarm for stochs separately as well, but I need to be able to combine them and use them to filter each other. Feel like it would be pretty simple if someone wants to lend a hand =)
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.