1. Iceland has a total population of 320,000 people ... approximately the population of New Orleans, La
2. The government was not dismantled ... an early election was held and new leaders were elected
3. The three banks in Iceland(yes...3) were taken over by the government ... try that here and Socialist will be the nicest name you will be called...
4. The former prime minister was tried in 2012and acquitted of three charges that were linked to his management during Iceland’s economic collapse in 2008, which could have resulted in a jail sentence. A Reykjavik court ruled that Mr. Haarde would not receive any punishment on the one guilty count, and that his legal expenses would be covered.
5. Prosecutors also indicted the former heads of Kaupthing, one of the three failed Icelandic banks, on charges of fraud and market manipulation. Hreidar Mar Sigurdsson, Kaupthing’s former chief executive, and Sigurdur Einarsson, the former chairman, pleaded not guilty and are due in court later in 2012.
Firstly,... Wikipedia is well known for changing things, editing etc... to suite someone elses agenda... Esp when it came to the Global Warming issue... - When the Carbonazis were caught editing the Wikipedia articles on the Medieval Warming period, they justified the erasures on the claim that the "consensus" was that waring only happened in Europe, therefore it didn't really count as global warming. There was no evidence that the warming was confined only to Europe, but the Carbonazis took the position that until someone could prove the warming was global they assumed that it was not, since such global warming during the Medieval (and Roman) times did not fit in with their theory that humans and humans alone affect the climate. But you know what they say about "Assume", right? And now the actual peer-reviewed evidence is in, and indeed the world was globally much warmer during the Medieval warm period without plastic bags, electrical power stations, automobiles, and laptops.
oh and if anyone stands against or opposed against Israel..
======================== More Icelandic bankers arrested
Iceland’s special prosecutor into the banking crisis has confirmed that raids have taken place today and that arrests have been made. The Central Bank of Iceland is among the institutions under investigation.
Special Prosecutor, Olafur Thor Hauksson told Visir.is that house searches are taking place in at least three places today as part of investigations into the central bank, MP Bank and Straumur Bank.