Frontrunning: November 15
European economic highlights:
- Monti faces resistance on cabinet as market honeymoon turns sour (Bloomberg)
- Papademos urges Greece to commit to bail-out terms (FT)
- New York police evict anti-Wall Street protesters (Reuters)
- Power price hike looms in China amid plants' whopping losses (Xinhua)
- Scalia and Thomas dine with healthcare law challengers as court takes case (LA Times)
- Loan Backer's Cash Runs Low (WSJ)
- UBS names Ermotti CEO to reassure investors (Reuters)
- IMF warns on Chinese financial system (FT)
- Risks may blunt tough U.S. talk on China (Reuters)
- ADB urges Asia to help rescue eurozone (FT)
- Huntsman Accuses Romney of ‘Pandering’ to Win Primary Support (Bloomberg)
- Cameron Rebuffs Merkel Push for Closer Union (Bloomberg)
- Eurozone GDP s.a. 0.2% q/q 1.4% y/y – in line with expectations. Consensus 0.2% q/q 1.4% y/y. Previous 0.2% q/q 1.6% y/y.
- Eurozone ZEW survey Econ Sentiment for November -59.1 – lower than expected. Consensus -55.3. Previous -51.2.
- Germany GDP n.s.a. for Q3 2.5% y/y. Previous 2.4% y/y.
- Germany GDP s.a. for Q3 0.5% q/q. Consensus 0.5% q/q. Previous 0.1% q/q.
- Germany GDP w.d.a. for Q3 2.6% y/y – higher than expected. Consensus 2.5% y/y. Previous 2.7% y/y.
- France GDP for Q3 0.4% q/q 1.6% y/y – in line with expectations. Consensus 0.4% q/q 1.6% y/y. Previous 0.0% q/q 1.7% y/y.
- France Non-Farm Payrolls for Q3 0.0% q/q – lower than expected. Consensus 0.3% q/q. Previous 0.2% q/q.
- France Wages for Q3 0.4% q/q. Previous 0.6% q/q.
- UK CPI for October 0.1% m/m 5.0% y/y – lower than expected. Consensus 0.2% m/m 5.1% y/y. Previous 0.6% m/m 5.2% y/y.
- UK Core CPI for October 3.4% - higher than expected. Consensus 3.2% y/y. Previous 3.3% y/y.
- UK RPI for October 0.0% m/m 5.4% y/y. Consensus 0.1% m/m 5.5% y/y. Previous 0.8% m/m 5.6% y/y.
- UK RPI Ex Mort Int. Payments for October 5.6% y/y – lower than expected. Consensus 5.7% y/y. Previous 5.7% y/y.
More on ZeroHedge...
Reply to share your thoughts on this current event.