Cloud.MarketDelta.com Cloud Based Platform
|October 2nd, 2016, 10:23 AM||#141 (permalink)|
Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Qtrader,Sierra Chart
Favorite Futures: ES Options, VX, ES, NQ, ZN, ZB, MJNK, SIL
Posts: 124 since Aug 2013
Thanks: 13 given, 106 received
I took a demo of this yesterday, and the mkt is closed but my initial observations are :
Nice clean, good looking and easy to navigate interface, with some really obvious omissions, especially in the area of workspaces
- 6 predefined layouts, none of which really suit how I want to use it. On one of your videos, you show 4 full length DOMs which I cannot see how to replicate on your predefined workspace/layout choices. No ability to say, drag and slide any of the window compartments to suit the size of the widget (a 3 item watchlist takes the same screen scape as a chart for example, with a lot of wasted space).
- Dom not enough visible levels. I get 7.25 points of visible trading area on an ES or NQ, and with NQ especially this will blip up 5-10 points in a blink, making setting stops etc a real pain. I have not traded with this yet but I try to keep at least 10 visible points at least on ES ( My Sierra DOM has 13.5) and 15 or so on NQ to be tradeable with stops and profit target orders visible.
- White charts with 1975 Volvo green candles. No choice to change BG colour or candle colour or renko settings. Really lacks even some basic settings options, though I do understand this is a work in progress.
- One really good aspect of this is that it is integrated with CQG, and CQG offers you the ability to get a second set of login credentials for most brokers, which allows you to for not too much money have 2 platforms running and available. Not to mention server side OCO bracket orders and excellent customer service (real knowledgable ppl pick up the phone on the 1st ring).
- Ability to trade options on a DOM which I love doing. For those struggling getting stopped out all the time on ES I highly recommend scalping ES calls and puts intraday...
- Could this be my main trading platform right now? no, because it lacks too many of the setup variables that I want, but with a few tweaks, if could very well become my main trading interface, if not my charting platform.
Last edited by Japhro; October 2nd, 2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: add pics