Ya I've tried that. I'm trading the CL, and I have found the right session template in that drop down list. However when I try and use it " Crude Oil NYmex 8:00 to 1:30 " I get a message on the top of the chart that says "Session 14- Incompatible Session. Do you have any idea what that means?
Thanks for your help
Last edited by Upupandaway; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
This post has been selected as an answer to the original posters question
Moved to Investor/RT
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
I didn't see this until BigMike moved it to the IRT forum, and at this point, I think you've received the answer. I will add one note. In the latest beta (10.5 Beta 12: www.linnsoft.com/beta ), we have added a few new keyboard shortcuts to charts, including the comma key to change the session. Simply click on chart and strike the comma , key, then type your session number and hit enter to change to that session. Comma-2-enter to go to session 2....comma-31-enter to go back to session 31.
Some other new shortcuts that were added. The period "." key now brings up a window to quickly change the view period (last x days, etc). The * key toggles "whitespace" on/off for time-based charts and toggles "fresh start" off/on for tick-based periodicities. These are in addition to the multitude of shortcuts that were already available...a few of the more common ones including hitting any number to change periodicity, and hitting any letter to change the symbol. Here is a more complete list (that does not yet have the new ones in 10.5). Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts For Multi-Pane Charts Many of these are also covered in this video on multi-pane charts: Manipulating Multi-Pane Charts - LinnSoftware's library
I got a little offtrack on that answer but that some of you might be interested in that.
The following 2 users say Thank You to LS Chad for this post: