I would be curious to gain some insight on how to trade the instrument. I have been looking at it given the night hours are more convenient for me when it comes to trading, specially around the first session. I am interested on trading it "mid term" with 20-30 minutes bars with IBKR and using HKD, so I dont mind holding overnight or even for multiple days but I am not quite sure as to the best way.
What I am trying to figure out is:
- Who are you trading HSI with?
- Who are you getting your historial data from?
- What hours do you trade it? Do you focus on the first or second trading session?
- What timeframe are you trading?
- Do you carry your position overnight?
- Are you trading the futures or the options?
- Do you convert to HKD and keep it on HKD? I assume you trade it regularly..
- How do you edge the HKD vs USD fluctuations?
The following user says Thank You to sysot1t for this post:
I am not trading HSI futures (it is bad time to trade, if you are located in Europe).
- You can trade HSI futures through Interactive Brokers.
- Interactive Brokers offers historical and real-time data (no tick data though).
- The principal does not need to be hedged, if it is a futures contract, in this case you only need to hedge the P&L.
- During the last three years the USD remained in a corridor between 7.746 and 7.817 HKD, that is a fluctuation of less than 1%, as it is pegged to the USD.