All Things Futures.....
|February 2nd, 2015, 03:13 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Membership Temporarily Revoked
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ThinkorSwim,FXCM, Ensign Software
Broker/Data: ThinkorSwim, FXCM
Favorite Futures: Futures, Forex, Options
Posts: 232 since Sep 2010
Thanks: 853 given, 26 received
All Things Futures.....
First off, I'm not exactly sure which forum to post the following questions / comments,
since my questions have all of the above mentioned..... Agricultural, Energy, Metals, Indexes
Here are my questions ( and Thanks in advance to anyone for there help ).....
1. Regarding the following Foreign futures Indexes.....
FTSE100, Euro STOXX 50, CAC40, BUND, BOBL, as well as the Shanghai ( SHCOMP ) and Hong Kong ( HSI )
Can someone please tell me which Brokerages or if there's a single Broker that offers all of the above mentioned Indexes ?
2. There any way to guard against, i.e. have a Protective stop , that is just outside of your regular stop, in the case that a Limit Up/ Down occurs ?
Is there a way to see when a Limit Up / Down has occurred on a per Future basis ?
3. There a way to get real time Data from all of the Major Markets...... CME, ICE, Eurex, CBOE, etc...
at a Flat Monthly fee, instead of having to pay for each individually, which can really add up
4. Margin requirement wise... When it shows Initial Margin as well as the Intraday Margin..... Do yu have to have the Initial ( say $3,000 ) + the Intraday ( say $300 ) = $3,300 in your account to place the trade , and maintain this $3,300 in your account for the duration of the trade
5. Initial Margin is basically " Over Night " Margin correct ?
6. I noticed that on the SoyBean mini contract ( XK ) , the chart is dicey and does Not have smooth price action ( even on the Daily and Weekly chart )
But the regular SoyBean contract ( ZS )'s chart , has clean and smooth price action via it's charts.
My question is..... If you get a trade entry off of the ZS chart(s) , would it be " Smart " to place a trade via the XK contract .... since they mimic each other almost tick for tick ?
7. Just a curiosity question.... But why do Wheat ( ZW ), Corn ( ZC ) , Oats ( ZO ) have such a high dollar value on a per .01 cent move ( $50 ) and $5,000 on a per $1 move
Same thing for RBOB and Heating Oil , have a $1 move being worth $42,,000 ?
Even the mini versions of these two Futures, have $1 moves worth $21,000
This makes it impossible for someone like me to ever to trade these, as even putting in a stop loss at ,10 cents would be a risk of $500
8. In Futures / Commodities trading.... what is " Rollover " and " Re-adjust ) mean ?
And are there Brokers that will Automatically do this for you ?
9. A question regarding SPAN ..... Is there a way to get " Reduced Margin " using SPAN to trade the Futures outright,
just as you can get the reduced margin using SPAN to trade credit spreads on Options ?
Thanks again for all of the help and advice/insight
I really appreciate it - Michael