stay away from DAX.. unless you like volatility like crazy... FESX is better IMO.. other than that, I prefer overall STOXX50, CAC40, BUND, BOBL... no DAX... margin is too high, and it moves too violently to the point that not even spreads work 100% correctly... at least not for me.. I havent found the right ratios..
The following 2 users say Thank You to sysot1t for this post:
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
I trade the FESX before and at the US market open. It tends to die in volume after the European closes, until the last 1hr to 30mins of trade. I find it an excellent market to trade and a good primer for the ES that I trade in the afternoons.
The following 2 users say Thank You to toaksie for this post:
Looking for any input on what futures to trade between 3am-7am central time so I can still work my day job. Thinking of FESX on the Eurex. Broker suggesting 6E.
For reference between 3am-7am central the avg Volume and avg Range in $ for last ~60days is as follows:
FESX: ~247K Vol, tick range ~$330
6E: 40k vol, tick range ~$475
ES: 76k vol, tick range ~$250
Referencing ES between 8:30-10:30am central: 530k vol, tick range $500
The lower volume on the 6E makes me nervous along with high number of large moves on a 5min chart. Thinking the FESX will be a better fit for me as I have been practicing via replay on the 8:30-10:30 morning ES.