When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
This post has been selected as an answer to the original posters question
For this, I'm using TwsLink from Trade Commander. For sure, you going to have some code to write in Excel or Trade Station (Multicharts) or Ninja. But the beauty is you may end up to have full control over your order.
All my entry orders are sent via Excel button. I then manage them manually if entry do occur.
All my order are keep on IB server. If PC turn down, I'm protected
All order contain
- A date and time of validity. If not enter before the end of the bar, orders cancelled automatically
- A linked stop order that is activated only if the primary order as been executed
- An explanation string. This one is place on the same line as the order so just by looking at it, I know the characteristics of the order.
I have not implemented the OCO yet. I should but for now I trade small lot so I don't split.
I still have to develop the possibility to control my live order from Excel instead of TWS
The following user says Thank You to arjfca for this post: