I have a kinship with Al that I realized when I first read his bio in the back of his book. I am also a doctor who left his profession to raise my two children, and have been a serious trader for many years. All I can say is that I already own his book and copies of every article and webinar he has done, and I have learned a great deal from him, though I have never spoken to him or met him. Owning an autographed copy of his book would mean a great deal to me...
The following user says Thank You to cstirone for this post:
To enter the drawing, simply post a reply to this thread. Important: your reply needs to be creative! Don't just reply with something plain or basic. There is no particular topic that we are going to specify for you, but the prizes will be awarded based on the creativity of your reply to this thread. In other words, the better your reply is, the more likely it will be selected as the winner.
Please don't ask for guidance, we are leaving this up to your judgment and asking you to be creative!
Usually in trading, those who know don't talk, and those who talk don't know. (Al Brooks)
success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
I'm not a very creative person but here it goes...
Top 10 reasons why I think I NEED a signed copy of Mr. Brooks' excellent book:
10. Other traders are too busy to actually read his book
9. A "signed" copy just makes it cooler!
8. I'm actually trying to be creative writing this when there isn't a creative hair on my head (ok, I'm also bald)
7. I will actually appreciate this prize - I'm not just trying to get free stuff.
6. My wife thinks I'm insane but really I'm just a trader.
5. My copy of Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar is worn out - it's been on 3 trips with me, dropped in Pacific Ocean, ran over by a car, used to kill monster sized mosquitos, but yet is still at my bed side table for my nightly reading.
4. Why? Cause I'm saying "Please".
3. I like hoppy beer.
2. Having already read his book 5 times, I still need to re-read it another 5 times to fully grasp his concepts.
Why me? I really don't know what I'm doing!
This has finally occurred to me after blowing up several accounts, losing the confidence of my wife and children, and funding the college education of dozens of other traders. It's good to be generous, but this is absurd!
Here's some of my other sterling qualities that make me stand out as deserving of this fine book...
1) I'm bald.
2) I'm almost 59 and bald
3) I have no retirement, I'm almost 59 and bald.
4) I have 6 children who all agree that when I get in a wheel chair they will push me down the steps, I have no retirement, I'm almost 59, and did I mention? I'm bald.
There is much, much, more I assure you, but why bore you?
I could go on, and perhaps I should until you give me the book just to shut me up!
More about me? Montana Radio Cafe - Front Porch Music Served Fresh Daily. The bald guy in the picture? Yep, it's me.
The following 2 users say Thank You to mtntrader for this post:
I work in a steel mill. The oily sludge enviroment would make Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs run away and cry, yet this is where I study Al's book while on shift. As you can imagine my copy is oil and water stained. My wife won't even let me bring it into the house. A new copy to have for home use would make us both very happy.
Great website and congrats on your anniversary! I can already tell I be spending a lot of time here.
The following user says Thank You to Grace Under Pressure for this post: