I do not use MultiCharts, but have a look at the user guide, page 43.
You can elect to use the price data from Trades, Asks, or Bids by Setting Quote Field.
Setting Resolution of Time-Based Charts
Resolution of time-based charts can be set from the
Format Symbol window:
1. Open the
Format Symbol window.
To open the
Format Symbol window, click the Format Symbol icon on the Chart
Analysis toolbar; if the Format Objects window appears, select the symbol and click the
The Format Symbol window can also be opened by one of the following methods:
- Position the mouse pointer over the symbol's data series; double-click once the Pointer
changes into a
- Position the mouse pointer over the symbol's data series; once the Pointer changes into
a Hand , right-click and then click Format 'Symbol Name';
- Right-click on an empty area of the chart and then click Format Symbols; if the Format
Objects window appears, select the symbol and click the Format button;
- Select Format in the main menu and click Symbol; if the Format Objects window appears,
select the symbol and click the Format button
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. In the
Chart section, in the Resolution Interval text box, enter the number of time periods to be used for
4. In the Resolution Unit drop-down list box select the time period.
Note: The maximum interval values that can be used for each of the time period units are: 86400 seconds,
1440 minutes, 24 hours, 30 days, 52 weeks, 12 months, 4 quarters, or 10 years.
Resolution of time-based charts can also be set by one of the following methods:
- Click the
Second Bar or the Minute Bar icon on the Resolution toolbar; from the drop-down list select
the number seconds or minutes, respectively, to be used for each bar; or:
- Click the Hourly Bar , the Daily Bar , the Weekly Bar , the Monthly Bar , the Quarterly Bar
, or the
Yearly Bar icon on the Resolution toolbar to select a 1-hour, 1-day, 1-week, 1-month, 1-quarter,
or 1-year bar, respectively;
- Click the down-arrow to the right of the Resolution icon on the Command Line toolbar and select the time
period. For Second and Minute bars the number of time period units can also be selected from a drop-down list;
- Enter the appropriate command into the Command Line toolbar combo box. Click here to find out how to use
the Command Line.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: