I try to work on code on easylanguage to send a image of the charts when a signal is generated by trading system.
The multicharts it's possible save charts as image file, I'd like to send a image of the chart when a signal is generated.
I find easy under metatrader:
In the context of EasyLanguage, it's an external program with which EasyLanguage can send and receive information. Typically, a .dll is used to add functionality to EasyLanguage.
For example, I wrote a quick .dll using FreeBasic that allows for better random numbers to be generated within MultiCharts. I first wrote the function in FreeBasic that received the high and low number limit for the random number to be generated and then generated the high-quality random number, and then I wrote a function in EasyLanguage that supplies these high and low numbers to the .dll and receives the random number that the .dll passes back.
In your case, you'd probably want to write .dlls that can send emails, take screen shots, etc. How you create the .dll depends on what language you'd want to use - a lot of different programming languages can create them. I first tried with Visual Studio but that was very hard and I couldn't get it to work, most likely because Microsoft's programming tools no longer support the type of .dll technology that TradeStation/MultiCharts uses.
Freebasic allows you to create compact .dlls that MultiCharts can use, and it's not complicated programming. Also, there's a lot of existing code already out there in Freebasic, so you may not have to reinvent the wheel.
I've posted several .dlls in the MultiCharts forums (including the original source code) so you can reference that as you try to get your project going. Good luck!
The following 2 users say Thank You to furytrader for this post:
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.