Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, Tradestation for data
Favorite Futures: FX, Equities
Posts: 39 since Oct 2012
Thanks: 44 given,
Looking for FX mechanical trader to exchange strategies
I am wondering if there are any professional mechanical FX traders out there who may be interested to exchange a strategy or two.
A few words about me, so you can assess compatibility:
- purely mechanical FX trader - trading professionally since last year
- using Multicharts (i.e. Tradestation's easylanguage) for building and real-time running of strategies
- using Tradestation for data and Interactive Brokers as broker
- currently running 8 strategies, only on EUR/USD and USD/JPY
- my strategies are relatively simple (2-3 entry filters and a stop loss and time exit)
- very generally, my strategies run on 15min up to 6hour bars, they run for 15-30 hours, and stop losses 20-50 pips away.
- I've been trading these strategies live for about a year now, with fairly good results (on average 1.5% a month LIVE for all strategies combined).
I suppose that my only absolute requirement to start some discussions with someone, is that the strategy to be exchanged is purely mechanical.
Other strong preferences would include other pairs than the ones I currently trade (for diversification purposes) and ideally the strategies to be simple.
I am fully aware of the matter of trust - that any strategies exchanged may be 'fake', in the sense that they could just be curve-fitted strategies without a successful live history to back them up. I am not sure how to solve this issue, but I hope to at least start some honest discussions and take it from there!
PS I am also currently looking into strategies for equities, and would be very willing to talk to equities traders too.
PPS If anyone out there has any good or bad experiences with such collaborations, it would be great to have your feedback, irrespectively of your desire to do it again!
The following user says Thank You to moses for this post:
I've been trading Forex for a few years now with discretion using simple range patterns and some breakouts. I would like to converse with you about how we can possible turn this into a system that can run with little intervention since it works with discretion. Other than that I have a few ideas that we can test out as well. You don't have to share yours in detail, I'm mainly looking for collaboration on some of the systems I've already been testing and perhaps add something new. PM if your interested.